Guild Bank Poll

What should the GB be used for?

• Low level armour/weapons to get new chars going

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • High level armour/weapons to make me look cool

• Storage containers

• Nothing, I don't plan on using the GB.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
Here it is time for your opinion to count.

Last edited:
Multiple choice might have been nice - I chose 'other' because I don't plan to use it much, but not 'never' which was the only option that came close.

Once I see how it will be used and benefit the guild I plan to make donations.

Crafting materials is probably the best bet, specifically the "fine crafting materials" used by crafters to make insignias, since they're needed for so many different crafting professions. This could also allow players to donate materials that would make an insignia of a stat they don't really need and get materials for a more desirable stat for their build.

Multiple choice would have been nice, yeah. I voted consumable, but maybe other would have been a better choice. My official choice(s) is/are below.

For me, I think consumables definitely have a place in guild banks. I also agree that fine materials would be a welcome addition, but not regular crafting supplies - regular supplies would add too much clutter. WvW Blueprints might be good too.

With these items, I think that anyone should be allowed to deposit them, but withdrawls should be approved.

Last edited:
PvP and Blueprints
I voted PvP and blueprints. The reason behind this is that these things are necessary for one of the main team events of the game, but buying them doesn't get anyone personal reward. Buying siege helps the community, but doesn't directly help individuals.

WvW also directly leads to glory for the Guild that has an active, positive presence there. Providing leadership to guildless players and taking an objective in the guild's name create a guild presence.

Crafting
Crafting items also make sense, since crafters are often willing to craft for other guild members at no cost. It makes sense to help them out with mats since they are providing their services for the benefit of others.

Consumables
I can see these for open world events and WvW participation by the guild. I'm not sure it makes sense to use GB space for consumables for dungeons, though, since dungeons are small teams, and dungeon runners get tokens, not loot drops that they'll potentially share with the guild. I may be wrong, but dungeons in GW2 seem like individually focused things, not guild-wide benefit things like in games with raiding.

Giveaway Thread
It seems like we can get around the scarcity of bank slots by using the forum for most other things. Things like armor, whether leveling or endgame could be easily posted in a giveaway thread, and mailed to the person who wants them. It would also be incentive for members to visit the forums periodically.

Priveleges
I agree with Koeril, that it makes sense to let people deposit the agreed upon items at will, but need to contact an officer to withdraw. You don't want to make donation a hassle.

If that doesn't work, and people keep putting random stuff, another option might be to give the name of a mule character belonging to an officer that we can mail donations to. Then the officer can hop on that character regularly, sell things that don't belong in the GB, and bank the rest.

Last edited:
I agree about the crafting materials BUT...looking at my own materials inventory I can only imagine how cumbersome it would be to manage.

What would be really useful is a list of guild crafters who are willing to craft items if I provide the materials myself.

I plan to become an accomplished tailor for light armor and would be glad to be part of an intra-guild crafters union. Anyone else interested in being part of a crafters group for the LoE?

I voted Consumables because I believe one of the primary things going on in the guild will be partying up for dungeon runs. The nature of explorable mode dungeons requires good team coordination, which hopefully should be possible with guildmates using the TS3 server. Having a guild supply of consumables for these occasions makes sense IMO. I agree with Enok that the dungeon loot is not easily share-able, but the shared benefit of dungeon-focused consumables will be that each guild member would have access to these dungeon parties and would be able to complete otherwise too-difficult content.

I plan to become an accomplished tailor for light armor and would be glad to be part of an intra-guild crafters union. Anyone else interested in being part of a crafters group for the LoE?

I would definitely be interested in this. I'm trying to max Cooking on my main, and will likely have most of the others maxed on alts in a few months.

Thanks, Stardust - I'm going to start keeping a list. You are on it - our first sous chef - evenually.

I agree with Enok that the dungeon loot is not easily share-able, but the shared benefit of dungeon-focused consumables will be that each guild member would have access to these dungeon parties and would be able to complete otherwise too-difficult content.

I kinda get it, but I'm not sure why anyone who is doing a dungeon run wouldn't simply bring their own cons.

I would happily craft anything I'm able to craft for other guild members if they can provide the mats. I'm a pretty slow leveler, so I can't offer much that's worthwhile yet, but eventually.... :D

That's right where I am, Enok - just getting started. The only things I've crafted are bags and gloves. But I do intend to spend some time learning and advancing.

Welcome aboard. I'll add your name to the list - understanding that it will be a month or so before most of us are able to be of any use to the guild.

I agree about the crafting materials BUT...looking at my own materials inventory I can only imagine how cumbersome it would be to manage.

What would be really useful is a list of guild crafters who are willing to craft items if I provide the materials myself.

Yes, this.
I know we thought at the beginning, with the 'possibility' of one person doing all the crafts, that we might not need a crafting union, but with most crafts sharing fine mats, it just takes too long, in my opinion, to level everything up, at least for now.

You can add me to the crafter's list. I'm up to 150 (tier 3 just opened, level 40?) in huntsman. Honestly though, I am a completionist and have a far distant goal of maxing all the trade skills.

Maybe this idea of a crafters listing needs its own thread though so as to not detract from the topic at hand?

Interesting choices. I think I'll wait till I have more info to make a well informed decision since it isn't multiple choice. Thanks for the overview!

I wish ANet would waive the tradeskill switching fee when switching into a tradeskill of 400 points. I wonder if they take suggestions somewhere? Time to go forum hopping!

I am thinking of rerunning the poll eliminating the current zeros, and making it multiple answer and adding a category, with names not shown. Would that be of help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back