Guild Allies/Adversaries

sayhellotolane

Sooo, we should definitely list Saints-OTOR as adversaries. Would be awesome to be on the same server.

Other than them, I wouldn't know anyone else to suggest.

Are they the ToJ republic guild or something? Is there any one in contact with other guilds here?

My only concern about this would be about whether or not you can have characters on both factions on the same server. Assuming you can do that, I'd like to go on the same server as at least one of those Republic guilds, but if not then I'd rather be on a different server from theirs.

Upon further research, I also found that both SOTOR and LOJ are listing US East for their server time zone. SOTOR is listing PvP as their server type, whereas LOJ is listing PvE there. I don't see the server location as being that big a deal, but I could see the server type difference as being a problem.

Our current setup is for a PvP server in the US West time zone, by the way.

I've changed my server type to match yours, and have selected you guys as an adversary. I want to make sure we can get in the same server together.

30795_1.jpg

YES! Sounds like a plan!

Saints does not allow their members to be in Republic and Imperial guilds on the same server. I think their reasoning is to remove the temptation of cross-faction cheating. If we did end up on the same server, I would just end up sticking with CFD.

Saints does not allow their members to be in Republic and Imperial guilds on the same server. I think their reasoning is to remove the temptation of cross-faction cheating. If we did end up on the same server, I would just end up sticking with CFD.

Uhh... what..? How exactly are they going to enforce THAT one? Also, how exactly are they expecting you to cheat cross faction? What, are you going to be in a warzone on both sides and farm kills off of yourself or something?

Last edited:
That is really weird and now it makes me want to have a spy toon in there just to rebel LOL.

Just have your Republic alt in LoJ, those guys rock.

Yeah, it's too bad. I really personally think it would be a non-issue.

There would be much fun to be had. Even if someone did cross-realm chat in vent or something, all they would have to do is ask/remind the members not to do it. If someone repeatedly did not comply, then maybe the individual could be dealt with. I don't think it's necessary to go into SWTOR with that restriction.

Yeah, it's too bad. I really personally think it would be a non-issue.

There would be much fun to be had. Even if someone did cross-realm chat in vent or something, all they would have to do is ask/remind the members not to do it. If someone repeatedly did not comply, then maybe the individual could be dealt with. I don't think it's necessary to go into SWTOR with that restriction.

I read a little bit more of their guild constitution and it looks like they have just made a lot of rules based on unproven assumptions about what's going to be in the game. For example, from their definition of PvP emergencies:

a) there is a substantial risk of costly item loss such as a base, b) Guild Members or Ally Members are being griefed or spawn camped, c) Guild Housing or Ally Housing is being camped and attacked trapping players indoors

Point a) sounds like it is assuming some form of dynamic world PvP where significant portions of a planet could change hands if you don't react fast enough, and I haven't heard of anything like that announced by Bioware. Point b) assumes that Bioware hasn't put some kind of measure in place to guard against that (which I believe they have). Point c) assumes that players will be able to trap enemy players like that, which seems like kind of a silly assumption when your "housing" is actually a ship and can easily just leave the planet. All three seem kind of pointless given what I've heard about the way TOR is supposed to work, and bothering to define all that at all seems like overkill - especially when we don't know for sure how the game will work because it hasn't been released yet.

Back