Gruul's Lair - 25 man raid - May 4 Friday

I won't be able to make it:(

Sorry guys but I need to be out for the Gruul run:( I know we have other DPS folk capable to take my slot and heavily appreciate the invite. Hope it goes well and I thank you ahead of time for understanding....

peace

Sorry about being a no show last night, I got off work ultra late to find my cable was down. Waited a few hours then went and saw Spider-man 3 when all hope was lost.

Quantam,
I was wondering what criteria you used to pick these people?
I saw your 2 posts that I think you are speaking of.
Quantam:
Gear is of great importance,........We will need our very best geared people to be the first line of people to go..........The type of classes needed and gear predominantly.

Was there any other criteria you used to pick the people?

Young?

I believe that alot of the people included for the Gruul's lair run were people that have been involved in Kara runs for a decent amount of time now, meaning that they have received some epic pieces that are truly more helpful than others. Also these people having been in Kara runs for a longer period of time are more seasoned with the new content difficulty, have invested more time in the Kara runs and deserved a fair shot at Gruul first, as well as people that Quantam felt needed to be there.

Let's be honest, Quantam was put into a raid leader position and has been successful at leading Redeemed into some great end-game content thus far. If he feels he made the right selections in team makeup then we should trust him and show support where we can for the team that went. Everyone will get their turn at this at some point in time....patience is a virtue, and once one team has been and learned the strategy it will make it that much easier for future teams to accomplish as well.

I think he did actually talk a little about what was needed Young. You only copied the first part of his paragraph.

For test runs, I do not beleive we need to be as specific about who we choose as when we are setting up running teams.

Quantam is doing a great job.

I read the whole thread trough and tried condensing what I understood he was saying. But I might have missed something so was asking for a clarification to see if I had it right or if there was more.

I read the whole paragraph and didn't see anything else that said anything of value for my question. To tell me to go back over and reread it it, doesn't help me for my answer. Had it been in there I would have copied it also.

The reason I put Quantams name in there 1st, was, I hoping everyone would know that I was directing the question at him. And that he would be the one answering it. Getting an answer from the source, eliminates second guesses from others.

Thank you for attempting to answer it, but the question is still being asked him.

Young

No surprise really

If you go to Kara, then you get to do the 25 man. One begets the other...so if you dont get to go to kara, then you dont get gear necessary for Gruelll....just that simple.......really, puffs been to kara twice, got some gear, would like to go back for the staff jackhog got, but who knows..I was just filler for Nevi.....I have decided....

so if you dont get to go to kara, then you dont get gear necessary for Gruelll
I think this is a common misconception I have heard a few times now. But actually you can get unbelievable gear that is better then alot of gear in Kara from crafting epics and from Heroics. You can be well-geared for Gruul w/o ever stepping in Kara. Those who master the Heroics and also take advantage of crafted epics will get a much better shot at a spot on a Raid team.

The Raid leaders are constantly looking at the armory to see who has upgraded their gear recently. This plays a big factor in who goes. They are also trying to give everyone a chance. Even those are below the min reqs listed have been given a spot and a chance at epics.

Hang in there friends and plug away at your Heroics, they make you a better player and gear your toon as needed for the raid teams.

A friendly encouragement to all who have attended a raid. Once you get an epic from a raid run it is expected that you will put the 50g+ gems in it and get the best enchants for it. I would highly recommend doing this ASAP. If you are seen in the Armory with 2g gems and no enchants on your new epics it will probably affect you getting asked back to a team again.

Its just a matter of respect and commitment to the team. I hope that makes sense and does not offend anyone, but it is just as necessary as farming for your consumables before a raid.

For my friend Young. :)

For a raid like Gruul's Lair, especially for the first few times we try it, gear is very important to overcome the lack of experience we all face when learning something new. When a great majority of the players then gain the experience and finesse required to clear the instance, gear is less of an issue as playing skill trumps gear in that case. Certain encounters also lend themselves to lean towards favoring certain kinds of DPS, ranged DPS in this case. So naturally I will want to bring a lot more ranged DPS than melee DPS. And again as we get better at the encounter, you can change up the ratios and have more freedom with it. Also for the strategy we used I needed certain numbers of certain classes, so that affected who came as well. On the actual day, at least 5 people either couldn't come or something came up so I then brought others in, so this list was never exclusive in that if these 25 do not show up, the raid doesn't happen. You can liken this to the old days of MC where wiped for what seemed like forever on Major Domo, who would you want to bring along to get past Domo? Filling out the raid to 40 with just anybody who could come proved ineffective and actually worse than having less than 40 but everyone there knew what they were doing and had the gear as well. I hope this better answers your question(s).

My response to responses to my posting yet again....

Hmmm...how should I start this post without sounding mad. Let see, some of us have RL that does not allow us to play much. So some options are not so easily done as stated. Run Heroic and get your gear, find FIND 5 PEOPLE with the keys and the right classes and can be on at the same time and run HEROICS till your items drops and keep doing that. But oh wait, you have limited time and wait not all the people have had the time to grind the rep for the particular instance heroic keys....well that plan won't work.

Let see its been said you wont be asked back if you dont spend the money to upgrade. Well let see you have limited gametime, you dedicate it to the raid and not farming, hoping you have made enough for consumables and repairs, and you dont buy gold because blizzard does like it. So....your nerfed again. Again its a factor of time.

Also, I feel there are those guildys out there that have been and still are committed to the GUILD of Redeemed. Please realize some of us have been here since the days of CHOOSE JOY on Illidian. Some of us have been here through the good times and bad and the PRE BC days and some of us have supported coordinating 40 MAN RAIDS, running for 2 years so other got their gear and progressed at their own sacrifice, I am not asking for special treatment, I AM asking that it not be forgotten and those that did so be respected...so they do not feel slighted or unappreciated or unheard. I bring this up now as I want this trend to stop. Got questions, email me......I wil try to give you the answer as best I can.

Thank you and God Bless
John AKA Samuraij and Powderpuff!

Back