Gruul's Lair - 25 man raid - May 4 Friday

Quantum_Man

I think we should start learning and trying Gruul's Lair. Typically you want to get further in Karazhan than we have, but I think this will be a nice change up and something to challenge us further. There are 2 bosses, High King Maulgar, he's first, followed by Gruul. Maulgar drops the tier 4 shoulder token and Gruul drops the token for tier 4 pants. No attunement or key is required, you just walk in there and kill them, or be killed as it will take some practice for us. Both encounters heavily favor ranged DPS for the most part, so please keep that in mind as I choose the team.

Gear is of great importance, particularly for our mage tank and the MT on High King Maulgar himself. High King Maulgar comes with 4 adds, one of which has to be tanked by a mage with at least 10,000 HP buffed. The MT on Maulgar needs very very high stamina, at least 15k is recommended, as he hits plate for 5k-6k and has a special attack that hits plate for 8k-12k.

We will need our very best geared people to be the first line of people to go and learn this raid so we have our best chance of beating it. Once we get it on farm status, other people may join the raid as it becomes easier for us.

I will be posting a list of the 25 people for May 4. We will be doing this instead of Karazhan that night. Do come prepared with consumables and gold for a repair bill. If you cannot make it that day please let me know.

ALSO please log out in your raiding gear. Thank you =)

Last edited:
I have tanked the part in gruuls on beriale. he does all fire damage...spell steal his buff it takes 30 seconds for him to recast it...the mage takes one full fireball from the guy and your fire shield will mitigate that damage really well. at 8.9k health and shield I tanked him rather well.

I would advise most DPS to be range based. That is the word from a friend that runs it with his guild all the time on another server

Aye, but don't forget they are removing the reason why ranged dps > melee dps in the upcoming patch.

so we dont get to go? GG Blizz

Why not go? You're not thinking 4th dimensionaly here. What did we do in MC on the lava packs? We didn't say, thats it, no more rogues because the AoE fire damage makes it better to have ranged DPS. Golemagg had an AoE fire damage that hit mellee only, you weren't kicked out or told that you couldn't come to MC. Everybody went out and collected some FR gear, the guild made FR gear, everybody got to go.

Redeemed doesn't follow what every other guild out there does or doesn't do. If Bobs Guild doesn't bring many mellee dps to Gruuls lair because they can't be bothered to gear up the rogues in the appropriate resist gear, that doesn't mean that we won't. And everything in the past suggests that Redeemed will do everything possible to ensure raid members have equal access to raiding regardless of class of choice.

==EDIT==

I just realized I'm still posting, talking as if I'm a raid leader. I apologize for stepping on toes. To make a point, under the new leaders, I can't say anything has changed from when I was a raid leader, and I hope and pray that Quantam and FJ and Icthus and Meli and Tree all are on the same page Goblit and I were when it came to the discussion I just posted.

Last edited:
My guild just did its first foray into gruul's lair with 4 (maybe 5?) rogues in the group. Gruul was a bit more difficult due to cleave and shatter, but maulgar took only 5 tries.

What we did is we killed the priest, then the warlock, and after those two the melee went onto Maulgar while the ranged dps took out the mage and the shaman. Everyone says "its all in the pull", and they're right to a certain extent. Its all in the pull and the 30 seconds to a minute after the pull. Blow your cooldowns then, get the priest/lock down, keep those felhunters alive. If you get the priest and lock down you're just about home free.

Also, hi to Quantam :D. I see you posting on shadowpriest.com every once in awhile.

lol hi back. :D

Of course I will be bringing some rogues to all raids. Besides we don't have enough ranged DPS that can out DPS a few of you rogues yet. jk lol :p

I will not be able to attend raiding this friday.

I have home groups every other Friday now and this is an every Friday.

I might be able to get on late, but don't count on me.

One point of concern for yours truly.

Spiderman 3 is released and I will be donning my spidey costume...ok I really wont dress like spidey but I will be attending the opening. It is also date night and if I welsh on this I am a dead man. Must earn more faction.

:)

I may be able to attend, like Beriale said Spidey 3 is coming out and my wife really wants to see it. I must earn more wife faction. One good thing is I'm on East Coast time so I may still be able to go.

The 25 people for Gruul's Lair are the following:

Sazul, FJ, Mirakle, Boozelm, Boimli, Beriale, Reco

Treebranch, Wallawinski, Avesther, Laraptor, Cobethan, Champoflight, Cammandus, Believer, Citgrad

Quantam, Melko, Nevi, Alhana, Jackhog, Ironstone, Cooptroop, Bloodfall, Berzok

If you cannot make it Friday May 4, please post in this thread and let me know, or contact me in game thanks!

I should be able to make it since I am also EST. I will spend this week getting my stuff together for +stam gear for B if I am tanking the mage part. Can't wait to pwn him.

Back