Great story

M

MaddMexican

Why Some Americans Blame America

I’ve heard all the arguments against the war. Every single one, from the mouths of the painstakingly stupid to the Ivy League elitist educated beyond his or her intelligence.

I’ve heard the communist, the Bush hater, the young, the old, the passionate, the emotional, the near comatose and the holier-than-thou speak freely and with total abandonment. They speak with the moral certitude of the Pope and the decisive and self-possessed confidence of a CIA insider.

But don’t ask them a follow-up question or ask them to explain anything an inch beyond their rote platitudes, because no one is home in the attic.

Many are confused by the anti-war movement and by the glaring hypocrisy of defending the continued rule of a homicidal madman like Saddam under the banner of a “peace movement.” Many pundits try to intellectualize the protesters’ dissent using logic, reason, history and truth.

They all fail.

The most obvious reason motivating these protesters is hardly ever mentioned and politely avoided. Yet there exists a common thread that binds all the anti-war protesters, regardless of their external differences, into one homogeneous group.

A single yellow thread stitched down the back of each protester binds the group and reveals the truth. The anti-war protesters all possess the spineless soul of a coward.

They are shameless cowards lacking the required character necessary to accept and acknowledge the truth of the peril facing themselves and our country. They smother themselves in the softness of denial, for the weight of truth is too heavy for these spineless beings to shoulder.

They covet the guise of the noble sage seeking peace and a higher plane of existence. They are frauds. Their weakness and denial will lead them down the path of enslavement, where they will be forced, at too late a date, to acknowledge their error.

When you try to engage them in debate and state pure, hard, cold facts, they react like a psychotic protecting their psychosis and quickly jump to a different point. When you corner them again on that point with a hard, cold fact they will again jump to a third point, all the while thinking that they are more clever and informed than you.

In fact, if you scan the banners in any anti-war rally, you will see every single mental defense mechanism represented in posters:

PROJECTION: Bush is stupid.

DENIAL: Saddam is no threat. Inspections are working.

RATIONALE: Preserve Iraq’s sovereignty.

IDENTIFICATION: Lennon said “Give peace a chance.”

REGRESSION: U.S. armed Saddam.

SUBLIMATION: Make love, not war (a classic).

DISPLACEMENT: Bush is the real terrorist.

REACTION FORMATION: U.S. military are immoral fascist pigs.

REPRESSION: There’s no proof of Saddam’s aggression.
When our country was attacked on Sept. 11, there was nothing ambiguous involving the information about who attacked us or on why we were targeted. The terrorists were brutally clear about why they chose to murder 3,000 average American citizens. We, the average American civilian, not the military or the government exclusively, represent the enemy.
We are the infidels that their god demanded they kill. In fact, our murders insured their entrance into heaven, where 72 grateful virgins awaited their arrival. Talk about your incentive packages.

These religious terrorists possess no single nation state and no formal military of their own, so they need to rely on the “kindness of strangers.” There are no two people stranger than Saddam and Kim Jong-il. Each is willing and able to supply the al-Qaeda delivery system with any weapon of mass destruction the terrorist can haul, hide, drag or carry to our shores.

Our domestic protesters rail against our courageous president because his boldness magnifies their timidity. They hate his moral certitude and clarity because these traits only serve to expose their wretched moral haze. He is strong, they are not.

You don’t need the toughness of a Marine to accept the harsh reality of the situation facing us, but you do need internal fortitude, an adult mind and the courage to embrace the truth.

It’s a shocking realization to accept the fact that you live in a world in which fate will make you choose to either kill or be killed. Lacking the courage to acknowledge this fate will not make it go away. This is the belief of a child and a coward.

If the events of Sept. 11 had proceeded WWII, the entire nation would have galvanized into one terrific monolith of unstoppable, single- minded war effort, but something has happened to legions of American since WWII.

In the postwar prosperity Americans lived lives free of the great burdens that had vexed prior generations. While other generations endured the Great Depression, WWI and the normal hardships of life in the early 20th century, American life in the second half of the 20th century was about as rich and comfortable as earthly possible.

In this atmosphere of unparalleled fortune many weak-minded individuals surrendered to their selfishness. In the absence of real problems they magnified life’s common issues and immersed themselves in a gluttony of emotions.

The weak became “Oprahfied.” Legions fell under the spell of pop psychologists, the modern-day snake oil salesmen who told adults to “get in touch with their inner child.” Pop psychology lingo entered the mainstream culture and legions of seemingly intelligent people wrung their hands on national talk shows and demanded “closure” for every unpleasant episode in their cushy, pampered lives.

“Recreational drugs” helped anesthetize any difficult issue for legions of Baby Boomers. In their drug-induced melancholy they lost the chance to garner the strength that comes from having soberly and diligently surmounted their problems.

We are now seeing the effects of these modern-day excesses as they spill over into the national debate on the necessity of fighting a war to protect our very lives.

Legions of Americans have become weak and cowardly, lacking the depth of character from which they need to amass strength, wisdom and courage to face the truth. Their protests are a shameful sight, and they burden the loved ones of our very brave volunteer soldiers, who wait and worry for their safe return.

When my immigrant maternal grandmother lost her only son, dashed to his death in WWII on the rocky coast of England, when shifting winds moved his parachute, she endured the tragedy with a dignity beyond her station in life.

Not being schooled in pop psychology, she didn’t get in touch with her inner child or worry about how to obtain “closure” on an impossible situation. She never took a Valium because she never had to.

She lived her life the best she could, cleaning her house, attending church and occasionally seeing a movie in town. These small bits of life, over time, carried her further and further from her grief. She still cried a little, every evening around the time when the telegram was delivered that fateful day, but that was just to acknowledge her son’s life and continue a connection to him.

I only knew my grandmother the first six years of my life, but as time passed and I learned of her life’s events while maintaining the memory of her quiet dignity, I learned a great lesson.

That lesson is that there are causes and purposes which you my be involved in during your lifetime that are greater and more important in the grand scheme of things then even the love a mother has for her child, even if that love is enormous.

And I am extremely grateful that when my grandmother mourned her son, she didn’t have to endure the protest of weak and cowardly neighbors or friends parading their ignorance in the streets.

Imagine scenes of Americans calling FDR a “terrorist” or defending Hitler after he invaded France, saying, “He’s no threat to us.” Or, upon hearing rumors of Hitler’s atrocities, saying, “There’s no proof that he’s doing such things.”

These words, this domestic ingratitude and stupidity, would have compounded my grandmother’s grief and tormented her lamenting soul beyond repair.

So, you weak and cowardly protesters, as you exercise your constitutional right of free speech; and you Hollywood useful idiots, as you eagerly showcase your Grand Canyon-size stupidity; and you despicable, lowlife Democratic senatorial #######s: When you criticize our president in this time of war for cheap political positioning, remember how your words of dissent cut the hearts and souls of the parents of our brave soldiers who just sacrificed their sons and daughters for your ungrateful but safe and free asses.

Story from Newsmax.com

:breaks his fist pounding it on the table in agreement:

I once saw a protest poster that said: "Join the Army. Vacancies available" and had a cross in the ground with military gear around it.

...so they're appealing to people's cowardliness to prevent a war?!

I will hopefully getting an apartment soon (after I find out if I'm getting transferred or not). If anyone parades that bull nearby, they're going to get hurt.

Very badly, I might add.

Tell me when you do and I'll come over with my flamethrower and help you out.
mad.gif
cool.gif

Well, I'm still awfully new here, but I might as well ruffle some feathers early - just to set a precedent.
tounge.gif

While I fully agree with the message presented above, I'm concerned at the tone.  It's a very easy thing to use your Christianity as an excuse to preach the words of faith with the voice of Satan.  As a Christian, I see my primary personal job as doing everything in my power to live as Jesus lived.  We often like to revert to OT vengeance lessons when it suits us and then switch to NT lessons of peace, joy, love, understanding, etc etc when we wish.  I just don't think it works that way.

We have got to keep our Jesus glasses on, folks.  There is nothing, I repeat NOTHING in our lives, in our communities, in our countries, or in this world to which Jesus does not apply.  You can't put your Jesus glasses on for Sunday mornings and take them off on the way home from church so you can go back to filling your heart with hate because some people are lazy, soft, ignorant, or even stupid.  Why?  Because that's not what Jesus would have done.  Jesus made it clear that it's important to disrupt the peace when evil has taken the upper hand (turning the tables in the Temple).  He made it clear that cowardice has no place before the throne of God.  He made it vividly, bloodily clear that it takes sacrifice, the sacrifice of lives, to gain freedom.

But the people who surrounded Him, who betrayed Him in their cowardice and their weakness, who incited a crowd to turn against Him, who conspired with earthly powers to hand Him to death - did He hate these people for their stupid, lazy, cowardly ways?  Did he say to His disciples "If anyone hurts your brother, go kick his butt?"  No.  He didn't.  Not then.  Not now.

Support our brothers and sisters in Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, and every place else where men and women willingly make the sacrifice for our freedom.  Get on your knees and pray for a president with the moral fortitude to turn the temple tables despite the disapproval of the weak-minded.  But guard yourselves and your own souls.  Satan attacks them through their weakness and ignorance.  He attacks us through our self-righteousness and intolerance.

Don't get "Oprahfied", but beware of becoming "Limbaughfied" and especially "Enyartified".  Jesus didn't preach intolerance.  Jesus didn't teach hatred and violence.  He didn't live them either.  Jesus gathered the sinners to himself.  He surrounded himself with the rejects of society despite all the disapproving stares of the "morally righteous Church leaders".  I ask that you all keep that firmly in mind as you visualize lining all the idiots up and shooting them.

Being a Christian means that the Jesus glasses can never, ever come off.  Even when you really want to.

I see both sides. The fact that there have been teachers in schools that condemmed the war to kids that have brothers and parents in Iraq makes me want to grab a flamethrower myself. I work with a couple of mothers who have children in the war. They are already so worried and so stressed. What worse thing could you do than tell mothers that their children are going to die in a lost cause that disgraces our country... maybe we should reinstitute sterialization again.

On the flip side though, Tromos does have a point as far as our anger. I don't know if this venting is okay, or if it is exactly what the enemy would want us to do. Killing the protestors is probably not the solution and neither is sterilization, though I wish it was. Frankly, I don't know what is, but when it manifests itself, I will let you know and I hope you will do the same for me.

Until then, I agree with Tromos that we must pray for the President, our nation, our troops, and even the people of Iraq. We were unsaved once too and we have to have hope that some of them will get saved. Wouldn't just be an awesome testimony if even one Iraqi got saved during or after this war.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (marko @ Mar. 29 2003,11:44)]The fact that there have been teachers in schools that condemmed the war to kids that have brothers and parents in Iraq makes me want to grab a flamethrower myself.
Didn't one teacher tape some students into their seats because their parents where in the Guard?

I don't know how these people can preach peace and love when they do stuff like this.

Back