Graphics Cards

tagtarsis

Ok Guys,

As someone who is technologically illiterate I wanted to ask about Graphics Cards.

I am intending to buy a new computer shortly, and as such I want to make sure I get one with a graphics output capable of playing Rift at top quality.

I want to know what you guys think would be best in regards to graphics cards with this game.

I do not really want to spend lots of money on this, and I know some of them can be expensive, I want cost effective choices that put out lots of graphics.

Bah, both sides have great products. Both sides have issues. Don't be bias to one company and just read lots of reviews on the cards you are looking at.

I recommend the Sapphire ATI products! Radeon HD 5700 is what I have atm and it runs fine...I will probably upgrade in a year or two though :)

Myself I have a Nvidia 460 GTX 768mb card with an i5 760 quad core and have the game maxed no lag/hitchin/any problems at all. As Tom said though if you have the cash get the gtx560.

Well since you guys are talking about video cards what do you guys think about this card? Not for Rift but for my father who plays TF2. Actually I may give him my GeForce 8800 GTS 512 and use the new card but IDK.

Actually I was thinking of getting this setup for a new computer for him.

Motherboard
CPU
Memory
Aforementioned Video Card

Should be around 300 dollars after rebates.

...and before you all point to things you've been considering "moderately" priced consider I don't have moderate amounts of money to spend XD. I just want to get him decent stuff that isn't going to break on him. The man currently gets sub 15 fps on TF2 >.< .

Last edited:
TF2 graphically is very simple so it doesn't take much to run it...even at max settings. I had an 8800GT that would max it out with no problem.

Back