Gost Rider

/slightly offtopic/
It's the same thing with Spawn. Spawn always kinda made me feel icky. I'm not as familiar with Ghost Rider as I am with other comics, as that's one of the ones more geared towards adults*. I have enough money left on my gift cards to the theater for 2 more tickets and I was leaning towards that or 300 when it comes out. But now I'm kinda leaning more towards Bridge to Terabithia.

Edit: *I haven't really kept up with any comics other than what's in the paper since I was in about fifth grade. Dilbert FTW!

Bridge to Teribithia looks stupid.
Abysmally so.
I'll might go see Hannibal Rising next. Or I might wait till 300 comes out.

You cannot use Devil given powers against the devil. that's fantasy and a very seductive one at that.

Well it's just another form of deception. "sure it's ok to sell your soul to the devil because you can just go back, change your mind and fight him". It's not as hardcore as Spawn but a demon is still a demon, and once you're locked into that, then there's no changing it. Bad choice of a role model for kids who go see it IMO, flaming skull notwithstanding.

watching Ghost Rider, there were certainly some mixed spiritual messages. (Although for pure action and entertainment, it rocks)

Early in the movie, when the main character, Johnny Blaze, first makes his deal with the devil, it is for his father's cancer to be healed. The next day his dad is totally recovered, but then dies in motorcycle accident - truth: Satan will entice you then screw you over.

Later, another demon is in a church searching for a scroll, and comes out successful despite meeting up with a priest calling upon our Lord. false: victory belongs to Christ

end of the movie, Blaze defies the devil, and keeps the power of the "Ghost Rider" - false: our own strength can not stand up to the very real power that the devil weilds.

So overall, spiritually confused movie makers. But for a comic fan like myself, the entertainment value was high.

In the comic it isn't even the Devil that he "sells his soul" to. Its a guy who makes himself look like the Devil named Mephisto. Stop getting your underwear in a bunch, its just a movie pure entertainment. I'm sick of people freaking out all the time, if you don't like it don't watch it. This movie isn't going to make me sell my soul or do anything like that, I just went to see it because I like Ghost Rider no other reason. And if someone decides to sell their soul because of this movie, then guess what...they were beyond any help anyone could have given them anyway.

Last edited:
[toj.cc]phantom;209141 said:
In the comic it isn't even the Devil that he "sells his soul" to. Its a guy who makes himself look like the Devil named Mephisto. Stop getting your underwear in a bunch, its just a movie pure entertainment. I'm sick of people freaking out all the time, if you don't like it don't watch it. This movie isn't going to make me sell my soul or do anything like that, I just went to see it because I like Ghost Rider no other reason. And if someone decides to sell their soul because of this movie, then guess what...they were beyond any help anyone could have given them anyway.
I think you need to research the name mephisto...then you'll see why were get in a bunch over this. There's a good reason to be concerned. Take some time and do some research in the pagan areas for that name..then you'll see the issues.

As a former 10 year practicing Druid with that much occult research as well..that's one of the first names you figure out..:)

Also the very act of selling your sould is stanic/demonic in nature anyway..so why pollute yourself with this junk? Your last sentence shows a lack of understanding of demonic deception. There have been CHRISTIANS that have given themselves over to the Devil due to them not watching for the lies of Satan. Nobody is beyond hope unless they die without Jesus.

I think you need to research the name mephisto...then you'll see why were get in a bunch over this. There's a good reason to be concerned. Take some time and do some research in the pagan areas for that name..then you'll see the issues.

As a former 10 year practicing Druid with that much occult research as well..that's one of the first names you figure out..:)

Also the very act of selling your sould is stanic/demonic in nature anyway..so why pollute yourself with this junk? Your last sentence shows a lack of understanding of demonic deception. There have been CHRISTIANS that have given themselves over to the Devil due to them not watching for the lies of Satan. Nobody is beyond hope unless they die without Jesus.

Its still just a movie, and people who can't handle this fact shouldn't go and see it.

I saw the movie (yep, even me. :D ) I enjoyed it for the fact it was an action movie starring one of my favorite actors... However, there were plenty of naughty things in the movie... The way that the damsel in the movie dressed was highly provocotive... The fact that he sold his soul to the devil and then reneged on it.. Well, that bothered me a bit. (so did seeing it happen in the movie spawn) The movie for entertainment was ok. The spiritual themes were not. The fact that they thought a person could resist the devil on their own without help from the Lord is ludicrious.

Its still just a movie, and people who can't handle this fact shouldn't go and see it.

Its just a movie? Everything affects us, whether we realize it or not. zI highly disagree with that statment phantom. There is always something else behind it. Many bands had witches place curses on their music in order to improve record sales. You know what? those bands sold a lot of records and many people ended up being decieved. I think Ghost Rider is another step in making people think that they can fight the devil on their own without needing help from God...

FYI He never really sold his soul in the movie. He was reading the contract and didn't look impressed and he got his finger pricked on Accident and blood dripped on the contract sealing the deal so he never signed it willingly. Yes it is a mixed movie it is very dark. Ghost Rider is a dark comic. If you feel bad seeing it don't. However if your a big comic book fan it won't disappoint.

FYI He never really sold his soul in the movie. He was reading the contract and didn't look impressed and he got his finger pricked on Accident and blood dripped on the contract sealing the deal so he never signed it willingly. Yes it is a mixed movie it is very dark. Ghost Rider is a dark comic. If you feel bad seeing it don't. However if your a big comic book fan it won't disappoint.

Thats exactly what I was trying to say.

[toj.cc]phantom;209141 said:
Stop getting your underwear in a bunch, its just a movie pure entertainment.

When posting about movies in a Christian forum, you're going to end up hearing such remarks. It is important to discuss what is right and wrong with a movie, from a Biblical (as in Biblical accuracy) and moral perspective. I think it would be nice to see a bit of scripture on this topic.

Back