GFC Xfire Forum thingy

the_great_eskimo_pie

Former Official Thread Killer
I created a while back the GFC Xfire clan page. The link is here.

Just wanted to make people aware, so those of you who still actually use Xfire can log in and join.

So yeah, thats it. :) Meant to post this a while ago...

That's pretty cool that it totals all our gametimes together like that. :)

I'll be back on soon I hope once I get things a little more taken care of here. My son just started back to school yesterday so that should help. Sorry that my downtime has to coincide with your vacation though. :(

That's pretty cool that it totals all our gametimes together like that. :)

I'll be back on soon I hope once I get things a little more taken care of here. My son just started back to school yesterday so that should help. Sorry that my downtime has to coincide with your vacation though. :(

Yeah, totaling all our game times is awesome. You should see how much SoE has... Its mind boggling.

Don't worry about being away for a lil while. You have to take care of your family in order to take part in the GFC. Its always God>Family>GFC :D

Well I am happy to report that the family and household investments are starting to pay off now. Not because of anything I did really, but just by letting God handle things more instead of trying to take all the responsibility for them onto myself. The core issue still hasn't been resolved, but at least the household is starting to regain some functionality again in spite of it.

Also, it's looking like I might be getting a new computer in about a month so I can finally get back to my games again. :)

Hey, if you guys wanna give me access to post events on the Xfire group calendar I can post Alliance announcements there too in addition to the forum. :)

EDIT: And yeah, I am sort of back on Xfire, though I'm keeping a note on it that it's better to email me rather than IM through it for the time being.

Last edited:
Okay, I got up all the events through the end of October that I know of. Unfortunately there's no auto-repeat option that I've found so each one has to be typed in by hand, so that's why they don't continue on past that far yet. You can see them by clicking on the Gods Frozen Chosen link in your xfire friends list and they'll come up in your sidebar. There's also a monthly view available here: http://www.xfire.com/communities/1gfc1/events/

The times listed should be auto-translated to whatever time zone you have registered with xfire. If there's other events for games I'm not familiar with or anything else you want up for the clan as a whole let me know. :)

Yeah, even if one doesn't use it for IMing it's got a lot of other useful features like the event calendar, screenshot storage, and personal blogs that can take some pressure off what needs to be maintained on a separate website for the group.

EDIT:
I just did some testing and found I could include direct links to the Bible readings for the Proverbs events: http://www.xfire.com/communities/1gfc1/events/view/171386/

I can also fit in a lot of straight text too, but the limit was about 20 verses worth which is good but not sufficient enough for entire chapters. The link given above is the only one I've done this to so far though, in order to wait for feedback before doing more.

Last edited:
Xfire can also handle AIM and MSN, but not Yahoo or ICQ yet, though I think they are working on it. I used to be a Trillian fan myself but had to drop it in my UO days because back then it handled ICQ too poorly to be able to rely on.

But Pie's not suggesting you give up your current IM program for Xfire. Xfire is primarily a gaming utility that includes some IM functionality, not a dedicated IM program in itself. Other features it has, though, would allow him to do some more things for the clan without adding much time and labor on either his part or ours.

It wouldn't have to be run all the time for these benefits either if you're not wanting to log your own gaming info with it. Just running it for five minutes a day or so would be enough to quickly click through clan news, event reminders, members blogs, etc. You might also be able to get all these things just from the web page Pie listed in the first post without even running the app.

i'm a purist. ask my wife. If i have to fire it up everytime i want to play a game to be tracked or whatnot..no thank you. steam handles that for games that run on steam in terms of vox and i refuse to fire up yee another messenger. I'm not saying you and others shouldn't..i'm jsut not going to.

Well for those who are using the utility, I got the Proverbs event links up for the month now. Included this time are links to both the reading and the current discussion thread. I also made them all 24 hour events so they wouldn't drop off the calendar till the end of the day this time.

Back