Getting to know this site more - Questions & Suggestions, etc...

Ricardo777

Hello. I'm still kind of new here, but I have some questions:

1. I'm not much of a gamer (as said before), but what is a gamer clan/guild & what is it used for & Do I need one?

2. Will the Shoutbox ever be reinstated (I think it should, especially if we get as many members as the site called gscentral has.) & were do I go for chat room (I think I know, but not sure)?

That's all for questions. Now suggestions:

1. Shoutbox, if many more members join (Maybe vote on it)

2. Easier to get to the chat room

3. A gamer cheatcodes/Hacking forum section

4. Basically, Some (Some, because not all Good & not all Christian friendly) stuff as gscentral has.

5. An area besides interests/hobbies (Not an area I like for me to list my gamer stuff. It's about what you do & what your interests are, neither of which is related to my gamer stuff) in profile were you can list the games you have, like, & dislike.

If some of these are approved, it will make cgalliance that much more better (Maybe, even comparable to gscentral with Christian foundation :D !).

Thank you & God bless :) .

1. I'm not much of a gamer (as said before), but what is a gamer clan/guild & what is it used for & Do I need one?

2. Will the Shoutbox ever be reinstated (I think it should, especially if we get as many members as the site called gscentral has.) & were do I go for chat room (I think I know, but not sure)?

That's all for questions. Now suggestions:

1. Shoutbox, if many more members join (Maybe vote on it)

2. Easier to get to the chat room

3. A gamer cheatcodes/Hacking forum section

4. Basically, Some (Some, because not all Good & not all Christian friendly) stuff as gscentral has.

5. An area besides interests/hobbies (Not an area I like for me to list my gamer stuff. It's about what you do & what your interests are, neither of which is related to my gamer stuff) in profile were you can list the games you have, like, & dislike.

If some of these are approved, it will make cgalliance that much more better (Maybe, even comparable to gscentral with Christian foundation :D !).

Thank you & God bless :) .
to address your concerns:
1. What is hard about getting to the chatroom?

2. We never had a shoutbox as that is not a part of the default Vbulletin installation so therefore there was never one to take down.

3. you aren't going to see that here considering that's against the TOS and in many cases against the law and cheating is being dishonest and doesn't track with a Christian worldview.

4. I don't understand what point you are trying to make

5. i'm not sure i understand the point you are making here either...please supply details.

to address your concerns:
1. What is hard about getting to the chatroom?

2. We never had a shoutbox as that is not a part of the default Vbulletin installation so therefore there was never one to take down.

3. you aren't going to see that here considering that's against the TOS and in many cases against the law and cheating is being dishonest and doesn't track with a Christian worldview.

4. I don't understand what point you are trying to make

5. i'm not sure i understand the point you are making here either...please supply details.

1. Were is it located?

2. Oh. Because I read a thread about that. I guess it was referring to another site. Sorry.

3. Oh. I understand. Ya that's true. Sorry.

4. Nevermind. Sorry.

5. Well, because I put what I'm interested in & what my hobbies are. I'm not interested in the games I have. I just want to list them in a game list section in my profile.

Sorry if I made you mad :( . That's not what I was meaning to do. I hope this helps. God bless :) .

we have a chatroom? when did we get one of those??

Chatboxes also consume resources like mad. Many hosts ban them because they can bring a server to its knees in short order.

As for cheating in single player games, it is probably legal in most cases (except where you have to bypass protection systems, ala tages). There are many, many sites better suited to that. Maintaining a forum like that and keeping it clean (virii and illegal) would be more work then it would benefit members.

oooooo the irc chatroom...... we still have that?

Yep! I'm in there now. I usually idle, but mostly have my PC off at night. Past couple of night I've kept it on though. We have a few idlers during the day too

not mad at all..just responding..:)

The chatroom is on the homepage www.cgalliance.org

for hte last one you want a hobbies section on the forums or in your user profile?

hte?

I belive he meant
for the last one you want a hobbies section on the forums or in your user profile?
It's a common mis-type I've made myself like "teh"... except for those people who deliberately do it to be more incomprehensibly 1337 (err... 1337 means leet, which means ellite, which means I play games to much :p :) ).

To address your first question a clan/guild is simply a group of people who like to play a game together. Usually the term clan is used for a FPS (first person shooter) type game while Guild is used for MMORPGs (massively multiplayer online role playing game) but not always. Groups like CGA, TOJ, CC, SoC are mainly about bringing groups of Christians gamers together. Most of these are pure Christian groups however check out each of their individual rules as many are individual entities and some do allow non-Christians who abide by their tos (terms of service). Christian groups in games exist for the same reason any other Christian group does to have fellowship in Christ while providing a shelter for some of the Internet's less savory content.

It also worth mentioning game makers long ago figured out gamers like to play with friends so many games have built in structures for Clans/Guilds. This can range from merely having a page listing members of a clan/guild (so you can find each other better) to having actual game content only accessible by members of a clan/guild. In the case of the latter MMORPGs have the most to offer in this respect. Some MMORPGs have things you earn as a guild by donating gold or exp points. Examples are guild halls, customizable standards/capes, titles to display under your name, unlockable guild npcs etcetera.

All the aforementioned groups can be played with without joining, just as you would anyone else, or you can join for free (note some MMORPG guilds have a tax on earned in-game gold so they can buy things as a guild but that is really beneath mentioning it's so minor). To be honest though guilds/clans that play games online are still subject to seeing inappropriate content. It's like going out in the real world with a group of church people they and you have moral standards but many of the people you meet won't. Still it's much safer (and fun) to go with friends than alone.

Also if you can't find a Christian Group of people who play a certain game among CGA or TOJ you can also try.

http://www.ccgaming.com/
or
http://www.teamsoc.net/

Last edited:
hehehe Sorry Ricardo, there isn't a Rosetta program for gamers lingo yet. A whole new world in that aspect. I text chat in a steam client box(a free platform) and use voice in game. I am a member of toj.cc which is a christian community more so than a clan, but that's frivolous because as brothers and sisters in game together or apart we are excepted by proclamation of faith, a CLAN! wOOt!= amen or yep or embarrassing to blurt after the preacher nails his sermon and people look at you! hehehe!

Back