Gee, Thanks a lot Steam

Wolfeman

After being gone for the past week, I discovered that Steam Controllers were now available for pre-order as well as Fallout 4.

My Steam wallet really took a hit today.

Luckily I couldn't pre-order 2 controllers at a time to save on shipping so I only ordered 1.

WHY STEAM WHY?!?!?!?!?

I don't really consider Steam to be greedy. They're just doing what a company is supposed to be doing. Making money. However, I do wish they'd at least spread things like this out a bit so it doesn't hit me all at one time.

The free updates they've given are great but I'd much prefer having a product and customer service that works instead of a shiny hat. http://www.bbb.org/alaskaoregonwest...rs/valve-corporation-in-bellevue-wa-27030704/ . Rather than addressing core problems the care they show seems superficial . Still, it seems like more care than you'd get from EA. Hmmm EA actually has an A+ BBB rating wonder how they managed that http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-fran...rers/electronic-arts-in-redwood-city-ca-64196 . My experience wasn't A+. Prattles on...

Last edited:
The recent refund policy change seems to indicate they listen to the customer and are willing to make changes but who knows. My experience with Steam customer service has always mostly good. I got a refund for two different games I purchased and had issues with but I was refused anything for two copies of CS:GO that I traded for that later got revoked because of credit card fraud.

The recent changes to the refund policy means it probably won't be. If it is, it's way to easy to return a pre-order and then re-order it.

Not like there is any kind of bonus for pre-ordering at the moment. I don't see any advantage to spending the money now rather than later.

Pre-order bonus might possibly be announced later. Money is in my steam wallet and has been for a while. Why not spend it now?

Besides, I'm impatient.

Indeed, since you are buying "sight unseen" more or less. Paying the full price is kinda strange.

To be honest, if I had the full amount in steam funds I would probably have already bought it. Now, I'm just hoping it lowers in price so the hit to my personal discretionary budget isn't so large.

Indeed, since you are buying "sight unseen" more or less. Paying the full price is kinda strange.

To be honest, if I had the full amount in steam funds I would probably have already bought it. Now, I'm just hoping it lowers in price so the hit to my personal discretionary budget isn't so large.

So far the Fallout series has been good as far as I'm concerned. It's one of the few titles I'm willing to pay full price for. And since I have the funds in my steam wallet... I bought it.

So far the Fallout series has been good as far as I'm concerned. It's one of the few titles I'm willing to pay full price for. And since I have the funds in my steam wallet... I bought it.
I have New Vegas, but it crashes every 5 minutes or so making it just about unplayable. I keep trying as it follows a similar play-style to the Elder Scrolls series which I enjoy. I'm about to give up on New Vegas again and just count FO4 as my true entrance into the Fallout series. That seems reasonable since New Vegas was made by Oblivion rather than Bethesda.

I just watched the E3 showcase. Wow.

Still hoping it goes on sale, but I'll probably buy it by launch (November).

Yeah, I didn't link any video because of language (and graphic violence).

This makes me even more excited for the next Elder Scrolls installment. After fiddling around with New Vegas, I think I prefer the swords and bows approach more than guns and grenades. But as Bethesda seem to leapfrog each I expect the next Elder Scrolls game will be incredible.

Not gonna lie. I want a Steam controller.

I've already told my wife it would make a great Christmas present. :D

I've tried controllers in the past and have never been able to get used to them. I'm hoping this controller will be different but keep an eye on the forums. There might be a steam controller for sale a bit cheaper than what steam is asking about a month after it arrives (just in time for Christmas).

I'm buying this one just because I have the money in my steam wallet and really have nothing better to do with it.

I've tried controllers in the past and have never been able to get used to them. I'm hoping this controller will be different but keep an eye on the forums.
Will do. I'd like to hear your review of the controller after you have some time to play with it.

Back