Gates?

janc

I had a gate from my house to Herod's Temple, but when I logged in today it was gone. When I tried to recreate, I got the message "you don't have permission to create gates". Has something changed with how gates are handled?

My gate to the nether is still functional.

It's odd, but gates have been acting goofy lately. The water in the gate at beta froze and the water in the gate at my house flooded the room. I'm guessing they've temporarily taken that add-on down while trying to troubleshoot and see what's going on.

I guess the other admins had a vote on it

because of the fact they started to get used so commonly that people didnt need to or bother to travel by foot..

So.. since this is a survival server.. i guess this is implying that we need to get back to the survival aspect of it.. i was told though that the portals will be used for the town spawns...

It's odd, but gates have been acting goofy lately. The water in the gate at beta froze and the water in the gate at my house flooded the room. I'm guessing they've temporarily taken that add-on down while trying to troubleshoot and see what's going on.

Lol. Did someone add to your network a portal at the bottom of a lake? :D

Well, if the portals are going down, I'm glad I wrote down the coordinates for my way-the-heck-out-there valley I found and started building in.

All good here with the changes I guess.

But it would be nice to have the admins build portals for those that are far off and really, no one will take the time to visit otherwise. You know, kind of like airports are in the real world, they aren't all over the place, but centrally located. Maybe they wouldn't be in any one town, but centrally located between far off settlements. So this way, they could be used similar to airports are. You fly there, then travel by some other means from there to your ultimate destination. ... just a suggestion.

I also vote that admins have to "walk" everywhere as well. :p

I also vote that admins have to "walk" everywhere as well. :p

:D *Grey laughs*
I wouldn't be able to get anywhere on time though.

Also I kinda like that airport I idea, I'll see if we might be able to work that in or not.

Also I kinda like that airport I idea, I'll see if we might be able to work that in or not.

I think it would encourage building away from spawn. It might also be a good idea when you put up a new world, to just place "airports" at several far off locations right from the start, in a couple of different biomes. :cool:

I wouldn't be able to get anywhere on time though.

:rolleyes: Sounds like a personal problem to me. :D hehe!

nether travel cuts down on time from spawn to home immensely. Whenever I respawn the first thing I do is hop into nether. cuts down on travel time 8x.

Jan, since we live near eachother, if you follow the main lit cobble path in nether, then take the little single-wide block detour I made to the right of that main path, you will get right to your nether portal. it's pretty tight!

And we now have a rail system connecting our places, I hope that was ok with you, it gives a great scenic view of both of our houses.

No problem...just took a ride on it last night. I noticed my nether gate got moved to the mountaintop as well. I'm going to build a room around it.

Back