Gaming Station

landerx

I sometimes work after hours so I don't always have time to relax, so I built a gaming station so I can watch a little TV, do some gaming, and work remotely, all at the same time. As a computer tech I thought I would share a view of my gaming station and some stats on my setup to give others ideas on different gaming styles.

I'm in the process of moving to Windows 7, I see to many strange lockups in Vista.

I'm a 3rd level support tech and network administrator for over 15000 desktops and 750 servers.

If anyone has any Computer issues and needs help, I will use the gifts GOD has given me to do my best to help you.

Game System
Vista 64Bit
(Motherboard) ASUS Crosshair III Formula AM3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD
(Memory) Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit
(CPU) AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Model HDX945FBGIBOX
(Video) SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X 100269VXL Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX
(Gaming) Cyber Snipa Game Pad V2
(Voice) Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB Supra-aural Headset
(Drives) Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
(Solid state) OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX30GXXX 2.5" 30GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk

Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB Supra-aural Headset
Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Logitech RX720 Black 3 Buttons Tilt Wheel Cordless Laser Mouse
Seventeam ST-850ZAF 850W ATX 12V V2.2 SLI Certified CrossFire Modular PFC Power Supply
SAMSUNG DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223L LightScribe Support
Saitek P990 Dual Analog Pad - Retail

Training Server
Inspiron 530s,Intel Core2 Duo processor E7400 (3MB L2 Cache 2.80GHz,1066FSB)
8GB DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 4X2GB
500GB Serial ATA II Hard Drive(7200RPM)
16X DVD+/-RW Drive

Gaming Guest System
Vista 32bit 4GIG MEM 1TB Drive 512Video INTEL PIII

Laptop
4GIG Windows7

Visit My Web Site Sometime

www.thinkonyourown.com

Last edited:
Nice :)

I love a corner setup myself (I had a second monitor on the left but on the right a small TV). You have the same case (ANTEC) I see in the picture :) One of the things I would like to add to mine is a solid state drive, how do you find it so far? And how was the price on it? I know they were quite up there but I imagine should be coming down in price as they become more mainstream.

WoW!

That's really uber Alex!

Here's mine, I am deciding on what to upgrade next...

ibm5322.jpg

:p
Actually, I have a dual screen setup running Windows 7 (64bit) with a quad-core AMD, 6GB RAM, Microsoft X8 Wireless Gaming mouse & 1GB ATI 4770. Not quite as speedy as Alex's but it still performs well.

Last edited:
System

Nice Alex,

Thanks a heck of a setup.

ROFL!

I've been laughing for like 5 minutes straight on that Bob!

Yikes that gave me shivers..I used to have to work on a WANG with those huge floppy drives..the keyboard was awful!!

As you can see from the screen in Bob's picture, he's actively tanking the Twin Val'kyr. Lightbane is on the left, and Darkbane is on the right.

Back