Gamer's father hires an in-game hitman

Ironically, two days ago I heard a DJ talk about starting a company to do just this. He (supposedly) didn't know about this story, and had come up with the idea in a conversation with a parent on the air.

It makes me really sad when I see things like this that simply should've resulted in a cancelled subscription long ago.

The story kinda reminded me of the kid that flips out when his brother (posing as another user in WOW and he doesn't know it) starts "betraying" him and he flips out. Another video shows how the kid flips out when his WOW subscription gets cancelled. Personally, if my kid refused to get a job, I'd take away the subscription and tell him/her that in order to get a subscription they'd have to pay for it with their own money. The guy is 23...come on. I like how they mentioned that Blizzard has a parental control on there to limit time of gameplay. However, it is easy to access? Now-a-days kids find ways around everything.

Best out of context sentence ever ... "No one wants their dad trailing round behind them dressed as an Elf, after all."

I've dealt with video game addiction during my 8 year stint playing games in high school and college. After getting married and broken from the habit, I can verify that there is nothing funny about it. Gaming can very much be an addiction and easily one you can justify. Now I have my wife monitoring my gaming and that helps a lot - though I still play a lot more than I probably should :D

I praise God that He brought me out of that sin. Funny thing is that it was one of the things He had to break me of before He could use me on the mission field.

Last edited:
Great variety of feedback..i agree cancelling a subscription or taking away the computer would be a much more civil way to resolve this.

the only reason i laughed when i heard this is i couldn't believe the issue got that far and a parent would even think of that as a solution

It makes me really sad when I see things like this that simply should've resulted in a cancelled subscription long ago.

I agree totally
i wouldn't support what the parent did..i was just so blown away that it came to that level.

i have days where i get absorbed in games more than i should;
if my wife is ever caught talking to a black gate invader i'm filing for divorce

The author has a point about the elf.

Especially if dad followed him around using stereotypical roleplayer speech and lots of pointless emotes. Would've been much more effective.

Back