Gamers Against Violence

bjorn.haaland

I am deeply affected by the recent events in Norway. Being a Norwegian, I can say that even today, 8 days after the terrible events that took place in Oslo, Norway, I'm still in a shaken state of mind. I'd like to invite YOU to take a stand. The perpetrator claims (according to his 'manifesto') that he's been 'practicing' with Modern Warfare, saying it's 'good practice'. He's also said that he's been playing WoW 'hardcore'.

My own mother asked me if him playing WoW could possibly be part of the explanation. I had a chat with her about it, saying it's unlikely, and that he's been planning this since even before WoW was released. She seemed satisifed by my answer, but many people would happily jump to the conclusion that games and gaming are/is to blame. I don't mean to ask for your support for my sake of course; I meant it as an example. I wanted to tell you this because it represents a deeper issue. Gaming and gamers are not to blame, please show your support.

Please share your thoughts. Take your time and write something sensible. Please share and let other people know.

http://gamersagainstviolence.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Back