FYI - Kara first week in June - Sign ups in GC

Now that we have gone there a few times and done the same bosses quite a few times, I think its becoming more obvious we need to balance out our group a bit. Its great that so many healers, dps, tanks..etc want to go. But it really seems to come together on certain days and certain classes.

I would also like to say please please, do not think you are ready to go to karaz. as soon as you get your key. While you don't have to have the BEST gear, you do have to have decent gear for whatever role you are playing in the raid.

We have done a pretty good job :) lets keep it up.

This isn't meant as a discouragement to people like Kevin, it's just a general information thing. I agree with Holly. I much rather would have taken my mage the other night, but seeing that we didn't have any other priests for shackles (not slackers... oops, i'll L2read) it made it a hard choice.

But anyway, I only speak towards the casters here as I haven't played melee, ranged, or tank classes in Kara. When choosing your gear, +spell damage is great (and a required part) but you also need to be worrying about +Stam, +Int, +Spell Hit gear.

+Spell Hit: I noticed that I was getting a LOT of resists the other night because Imcu's damage gear doesn't have it. Nothing lowers your damage output faster than a resist.
+Stam: If you don't have enough HP, you won't last thru a charge (even Durruck has problems on certain mobs)
+Int: Some of the boss fights last 5-8 minutes...maybe longer. Can you find sources of mana for that long?
+Spell Damage: Base damage isn't enough. The more +dmg everyone has, the shorter the fight. Then +Int becomes less of an issue.

From the standpoint of a player that has 9 toons on the server, and 5 of them are currently active... make sure you're good at all the roles you need to fill with whatever toon you bring. I brought Imcu as a DPS class, but had to switch to CC and Healing. While my gear was insufficient, it didn't even show because of how bad I was at changing roles.

Also from the healer side - any healer can tell you which tanks have good HP and mitigation in the specs/gear. You guys have been doing very well at gearing up and practicing in other instances. Some people (Holly comes to mind since I just played with her the other night) are geared very well. She's been through lots of instances lots of times to get the good stuff. Other tanks have more recently hit 70 and haven't had time to hit the 5-mans as much. Not a biggie, you're getting there, keep up the good work :) If you wonder where you fall, ask a healer after a run how hard you were to keep alive. While I may not know how dodge/block/def exactly works, i know they work together to give me more than 3 seconds to heal you before you die :)

Anyway, enough rambling. keep up the good work! I look forward to the next run.

:) This was deff. not about one person in particular. Its about everyone getting keyed now! not to point fingers (imcu)lol. Its also about balancing our groups out. Group one has been really heavy on healers, group 2 has been (or was) missing healers. If there are days that people want to suggest for alternative days to run, do it :) we can always take that into consideration if it will help out!

But yeah, Jason, you did a good job tanking.

Daire said:
...ng keyed now! not to point fingers (imcu)lol. Its also a...

Why do I feel like I was put on a billboard?

And my comments about tanks weren't aimed at Jason. That's been something I've been seeing since long before the launch of Burning Crusade. I was guilty of it on my warrior, as well. (that's why the warrior noob is in retirement)

Gear is def important as is group config, but so is experience.
We have done that fight successfully with 4 healers (Me, wend, Renee and val) and only 4 dps and 2 tanks. Two of those healers though gave us shacks and one is a viable off-tank.

So there are a lot of dynamics to look at..

1)Experience (We had john SR leading, he has been there to exalted on his lock, this really helps a lot.. ) It would kind of be like me leading a steamvaults run (I'm exalted with CE) as apposed to someone new..who is just learning..

2)Gear (Most in group 1-2 have all blues, most are high lvl blues. Some have blues/epics, a few still have a few greens) Personally my pally/warrior have all blues and a few epics now..and I'm up for some heroics..

3)Group makeup (Some bosses easier with more dps (sometimes ranged is better) vs healing and vise versa)

As for warrior tanks, check out Tinie's gear/stats and shoot for that. And yes, having the key does not mean you are ready for Kara...gear wise..

Danny

Why do I feel like I was put on a billboard?

And my comments about tanks weren't aimed at Jason. That's been something I've been seeing since long before the launch of Burning Crusade. I was guilty of it on my warrior, as well. (that's why the warrior noob is in retirement)

hey you made it a billboard, i barely said it :p

As for what danny said, couldn't say it better. It was great having SR. lead us around since he has been there billions of times.

On this note I really need to farm out some decent healing gear for Neirai in the off chance that he's not tanking and needs to help keep people up. His pre-TBC cenarion gear just doesn't cut it.

Oh, by the way --- I wasn't able to make it last week due to working late both days. I'm hoping to be able to attend this week like normal. :)

Why dont you sign up on GC so we know you are thinking about coming. :)

btw, you dont just want healing gear..but also dps gear. You and I both will probably end up resorting to doing dps or healing. Ive been bringing all three sets with me. Id say more than healers, we need more versatile role people, a fury warrior, for the off chance we need an extra tank, but can also pump out super dps. A feral who is geared to play various roles, a pally who can tank and dps. I think that is one of the big positions we are lacking in currently.

Oops, when I said we will probably resort to doing dps or healing, I meant to include 'occasionally'. lol

:) This was deff. not about one person in particular. Its about everyone getting keyed now! not to point fingers (imcu)lol. Its also about balancing our groups out. Group one has been really heavy on healers, group 2 has been (or was) missing healers. If there are days that people want to suggest for alternative days to run, do it :) we can always take that into consideration if it will help out!

But yeah, Jason, you did a good job tanking.

In group 1 when I'm not healing, I'm tanking. So I carry 2 sets.
In group 2 (fury War) when I'm not dpsing I'm tanking. two sets..

I'm usually 3rd on the dmg meters (Even though the nerfed us again..)

Yeah, we need to get another Dps warrior geared up and have him/her join us. There deff. is no need for 3 steady tanks. It makes overall dps suffer. can you duplicate lexyus and join us..we dont need woven!! LOL jk..geesh even woven was tanking lol.

Try Maiden without a pally lol..As soon as you get that alternate strat down I'll take Woven ret 4 group 1 and once again defy the standard rule of thought on a toon's abilities.:cool:

lol..........................................................(danny thinks hes awesome or something)

And let me further add.. that Danny is probably the greatest wow player in existence today.. His magnificent healing strategy single handedly turned the tide in the battle against A great evil in gruul's lair..

I say this all with complete objectivity and with the deepest sense of humility..
And now I depart..as I've grown weary of you mere mortals..

Danny

Last edited:
Back