Fully Regen Priest Armor Set

Neirai the Forgiven

Christian Guilds List Manager
Head Piece: N/A

Neck Piece: Darkmoon Necklace. Buy from Lhara at the Darkmoon Faire (random sale item... spam her till she shows it!)

Shoulders: Mantle of the Timbermaw. Made by cute warlock tailors.

Back: Gracious Cape. Rare, World Drop in Stratholme... live or dead, it doesn't matter. Very hard to find, tho.

Chest: Mindsurge Robe. Drops at the end of a tribute run (off the ogre boss)

Wrist: N/A

Hands: Shadowy Laced Handwraps. Drops off the Strat Dead baroness.

Belt: Wisdom of the Timbermaw. Also made by a certain cute gnome 'lock.

Shoes: Coldstone Slippers. These ones are extremely rare drops in scholomance. If you see them, ticket them!

Weapon: Quel'dorai Channeling Rod. Drops off of Lethtendris in Dire Maul.

Rings: 2x Ring of Demonic Guile. Drops off of Alzinn the Wildshaper in Dire Maul East.

With the full set, you will get a LOT of mana regen. These are all loots that drop outside of 'raid dungeons'. You can find better loots inside places like Molten Core.

Enjoy, and good luck!

Great post. Thanks. Outfitting a priest has been the most confusing thing I've done in game yet. So many differing opinions about +int, +spirit, +healing, +mana regen that it quickly turns into a cloudy grey muck of icky stuff.

I had a rather enjoyable conversation with Wend last night regarding priest builds and equipment. Really looking forward to reaching a level where I can come play with you folks. :)

We have the same issue on the pally healadin side ... I have collected a wide range of cloth/leather/mail/plate items with int/spi/+heals/+mana regen and I am waiting for our talent trees to settle down with the 1.9 patch before I finalize a build. I shiver at the idea that one day my pally will be wearing cloth gear but our new tier 2 judgment artwork already prophetically changes the pants to a skirt ;) A sign of things to come? Hence all the talk on the paladin boards on the fact we are more like a cleric than a warrior.

I might be going a balance of int and +healing, with a focus on spell crit. Paladins have an option in our holy tree that gives us the mana back after a crit heal (crit is 1.5 regular heal) so a crit increases our healing/sec 50% and saves mana. As a side note, every 2 minutes we can force a crit heal ...a "free crit heal". This will allow us to keep our healing/sec up higher to complement a priest in a 20/40 man instance for big bosses.

Our base spell crit is 5%. We have a talent in 1.9 for +5%. We have access to the same +spell crit items as priests for the most part. Every 60 int we get a +1% spell crit so at 300 mana we can get to 15% spell crit, lets say 20% with specialized gear. That means it is possible for one in 5 heals to be a crit and free statistically. This essentially turns our buffed 7000 mana into 8400 mana. In addition, we can probably do it all with plate items that have about +200 heals while using our +400 blessing of light on the main tank. This will likely not give us the healing/sec of a priest but it does make us respectable. Question: if we are just healing and cleansing and buffing - then why oh why do we need to be wearing plate????

In addition, we really need to be able to trade our trinket in for the eye of the beast, the +2% spell crit trinket. It is currently not available to pallys and I doubt we will see a trade in program.

Anyway, that is the direction that Demetrius the healadin may go and healadin is the only real option we have for harder 20 man and 40 man instances if we want to make an impact besides our buff/aura. One thing that is clear to me is that Blizzard is making up the pally as they go. Our PVP rewards gear does not map at all into the new 1.9 talents for it has no int and we need mana to increase our dps, especially burst dps for HKs. If I was a top pally PVPer I would be very upset, as most are ... because they also moved our free crit heal up the holy tree (critadins have a very low mana pool so we need the occasional free crit heal), put a cooldown on our using our shields back to back, and made our dps increase mana dependent AND mana inefficient. The new focus on spell crit and impact on PVP play style is not thought out too well since we have no/very little Plate gear with +spell crit or alot of intellect for that matter. They have nerfed our survivability with very little increase to dps and our new talent trees really hurt pallys in PVP when playing a attack/support role vs. a passive support role.

To summarize, a tankadin can tank up to 15 man and a critadin can dps up to 15 man. However, when you start hitting 20 man/40 man bosses we just stand in the back of the room and heal/cleanse/buff so it is better to roll a true tank / dps / healer ... or be a healadin. That is why I have two pallys - one that can dps and take some damage in lesser instances and one who wears his healing plate and stands next to the priest/mage/warlocks to heal/cleanse/buff. So why two? I cannot do both with the same pally ;) I realize this is more than a non-pally wants to know and is off topic but it may explain our choices as a paladin and the outrage on the paladin forums.

Demetrius
...not quite a "Priest in Plate"

I'm so sad..I finished that quest and obviously either chose the other reward or ditched the head piece. :eek: Is there any way to get a do over? <== I know, wishful thinking..but it is Christmas :eek:

Thanks John for your work on this...given the above list I would end up with 59+ mana regen per 5 secs. If I keep my fang of venoxis (of course) and find a mana regen off-hand it will be higher. :p I don't know if you noticed there is a belt that actually has higher mana regen than the crafted timbermaw one. The whipvine cord had +9 int, 6 mana over 5 and +31 heal..it drops off of Alzzin in DM east so I can farm for it and a sencond ring of demonic guile at the same time.:D

I am unsure whether to pursue the ring of demonic guile (+10 int 6mana/5) or two mindtap talismans (11mana/5). I'd gain 20 int but loose 10mana/5. I"ll prolly go for the rings of demonic guile being that they will help me maintain a resonable mana pool.:rolleyes:

I really was trying to use all the smilies but I can't reasonably put anymore in. (hee hee I guess I'm limited to 8 anyway:mad: );) :)

I concentrated on spirit for my priest. Fully buffed, I have about 440. Mana per 5 equipment for me is generally a decrease in mana regen. The only problem with mana per 5 equipment is that it usually lacks in +spirit, which means, if you need an innervate, you aren't getting full benefit. 440 Spirit is equivalent to 308 mana per 5. So at my current stat level, for every 1 spirit I give up, I have to receive 0.7 mana per 5. So if an item has 10 less spirit, the item has to have 7 mana per 5 to make up for it.

I currently managed to add 8 without loosing a point in spirit and I'm looking to get mindtap to get another 11 without giving up spirit or + healing.

The mana per 5 really helps inside the 5 second rule. My regen rate during the null 5 second rule is 18.5 per tick. (Meditation talent). That is equivalent to 46mana per 5. The equipment you listed gives about 61mana per 5, which is obviously greater then 46. But the spirit I give up to attain it far outweighs the benefit I would receive during during the 5 second rule. I don't spend much more then 50% of my time under the 5 second rule. I'm down 20 mana comapred to your above set up, but my first tick outside the 5 second rule more then makes up for it.

And, I still have a fully buffed mana pool of over 8500. The only area I'm lacking in is the + healing. I have sat down to crunch the numbers for my set up. It will be interesting to see what I have to give up to get some + healing.

Last edited:
Back