From The Sands Of Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Ryan

This is a letter that was forwarded to me, written by a Marine that's on the front lines of the war in Iraq, and a good friend at that. If anyone has a right to say something about the war, it's these guys. And here's what he has to say about it...

--------------------------------
<span style='color:black'>Hello Fellow Americans,

I am Lcpl. James Phillips, United States Marine Corps, presently serving in Iraq. I'm 22yrs old, and am postponing a degree at Mississippi State University in order to fight this War on Terror. A lady wrote to me recently saying she was unsure who to vote for in the upcoming presidential election, and asked me, as a serviceman in harms way, 1)who did I think would be best for the Country 2)What was the general consensus among our fighting men and women in Iraq and 3) If elected, who would bring us home the quickest.

Well that got me to thinking, and I thought I would share some thoughts with you all back home and let you know what is going on over here and how the ones getting shot at actually feel about it, as opposed to what you're being fed by the Liberal Media.

First off, I'd like to say that it's not nearly as so bad over here as what I had expected from watching the news before I came over. I can tell you first hand, that due to our superior technology and training, and most importantly that indomitable spirit that so personifies the American people, we are in solid control over here, we are winning every day, and don't let anyone tell you differently. Our Commander and Chief, President George W. Bush, is a man of conviction and a man who does what he believes in his heart is the best thing for our Country. And while you and I may not agree with his every decision, we have to respect a man who has backbone, and who stands on his own two feet, unwavering in the face of adversity, popular opinion, and political pressure. I can assure you that as a  Marine in combat, I am quite confident knowing there is a competent, God-fearing man of courage who decides when and where to send myself and my brothers in arms.

As to the second question, I have talked to many Marines and servicemen and servicewomen from other branches, and the overwhelming majority, with a few exceptions, want President Bush re-elected.We really believe in what we're fighting for out here. We are taking the fight to the enemies of freedom on their doorstep, such that he is unable to reach us on ours. We're here to help the Iraqi people gain their sovereignty from an oppressor, much like we did in our own war for independence, and I'm honored to be a part of that. And yet, I believe it goes so much deeper than freedom for Iraq. I believe it's a fight for our freedom, for yours and that of your family, and mine, and the family I hope by God's grace to have one day. After all, what is our freedom worth if our neighbors are being massacred on our doorstep and we stand idly by and let it happen?

Lastly, I'm not sure being brought back the quickest way, is necessarily the best way.

I was on a machine gun post on our perimeter last night about 2a.m. with my Sgt.,  and we started discussing this question. Here's what he said " I am so proud to be a part of what we're doing here, and I'm glad I'm here right now. However, I don't want to leave my wife a second time; I want to stay till we get the job done, so I can go home to my wife and we can start a family."  

Folks, this is the kind of men I'm surrounded by. I trust them on a daily basis with my life, just as they trust me with theirs. We definitely want someone in office who will deploy us appropriately, accomplish the objective, and bring us home. I want to ask you all to pray for our Country, for our leaders and for this upcoming election. Pray that the best man for the job would be elected, regardless of who that may be and then pray that God will give you the wisdom to determine who that is.
Please send this to anyone who may be helped by it or may simply be interested in seeing it.

Let Freedom Reign!

"The Tree of Liberty must be renewed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants"~Thomas Jefferson

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven, a time to be born and a time to die...a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to break down and a time to build up" Ecclesiastes 3:1-3

Semper Fidelis,

Lcpl. James Phillips
                4/14 Marines,M Bttry, Gun 1
                UIC 43680
                FPO  AP   96426-3680</span>

--------------------------------

Thank you for sharing this. I have never sent anything through email besides a one-on-one correspondence. This I am sending to everyone.

Nice refresh from the anti-war anti-bush anti-everything palaver blasted everywhere these days. Thanks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]  I can tell you first hand, that due to our superior technology and training, and most importantly that indomitable spirit that so personifies the American people, we are in solid control over here, we are winning every day, and don't let anyone tell you differently

nobody has to tell us the different story...its in front of us..

US Casualties: 1103 (http://icasualties.org/oif/default.aspx)

Iraqi casualities:thousands

Sucide bombings, kidnappings, beheadings almost everyday...and how can this guy say that US is winning every single day.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
After all, what is our freedom worth if our neighbors are being massacred on our doorstep and we stand idly by and let it happen?
What about your neigbours in Africa..dying of hunger, disease, civil war for years and years...just look at Dafur or Uganda.

quote from BBC: "Northern Uganda is suffering the most neglected humanitarian crisis in the world with 20,000 children caught up in a war, the United Nations warned."

Sorry for bashing this guy's letter, but its the truth
smile.gif

Anyways when you pray for the soldiers also pray for the iraqis!

First off, I understand the casualties, but it's a WAR, not a practice session. Every single soldier over there knows that fact. I don't need to be reminded of them, I hear them daily in the news as do we all. I can't speak for James, but I do know that he is perhaps the most solid Christian I've ever met. I'm not trying to bash you, but I think the reason, in your words, that 'this guy can say that the US is winning everyday' is that he's over there witnessing it. I don't think he knows every single shot that's fired over there, but I'm sure that he knows more than you or I do -  he's over there fighting in it everday. To speak for him, I'll just say that what he wrote in his letter is what he SEES. He wouldn't just sit down and right stuff like that if it wasn't what he was seeing everyday.

Secondly, I believe the US is in Iraq now, not Uganda or Africa. I know it's hard to admit, but I just don't think the US can be all places at all times. We're doing the best we can where we're at. It's not just happenstance that the US continues to stay devoted to helping the Iraqis when other nations 'leave the scene'. We continue to stay devoted to the fight, and I thank George Bush for his unwavering stance on the war, and also for our troops' over there.

I do appreciate the reminder to not only pray for our troops in Iraq, but for the Iraqis as well. Great thought.
wink.gif

An interesting site I just ran across: TheTruthAboutIraq.Org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back