Friday night PvP 10 Eastern 04-06-07

one2dredd

Tribe of Judah Aion Chapter Leader
Well guess what i have to work tonight now. So I will be unable to lead tonight. So if I can get a member of team SoE to lead to night that would be wonderful sorry guys I was really looking forward to playing tonight.

Andrew

PvP & FoW Run

Tips, feedback, Q's, kibbutz...

Leadership
If you are responsible for the group, then you are either in charge or handing-off to someone else; focus on the task at hand. "The buck stops here." :mad: or "You da man!" :)

Collaborate
We, collectively, appear only to have ~2 hours of PvP time; 90 minutes of it shouldn't be wasted on planning/building/setting-up. :confused: We should plan in the forums here first to show up prepared, to have fun the full 2 hours, and so the leader isn't put on-the-spot with nothing to work with. :eek:

Functioning as one cohesive team rather than eight individuals takes a little effort; it is not automatic. ;)

Strategy
If we get mowed faster than grass repeatedly :eek:, the strategy is beyond 'tweaking' and needs to be scrubbed. CTRL-ALT-DEL the plan. :(
HA is not something you can do ad hoc. TA, sure, not HA.

I noticed that everyone's discussion of tactics, skills, etc. were reactionary and defensive. The object of the game is to annihilate your opponents, not to be safe against them. Remember the objective and do things that will further that objective only. Defense is a part of that, yes, but a small one.

"Timing is everything." Establish a rhythm, cadence, a beat. It makes the team function more in synch and more smoothly. Additionally, initiative is important: you can sieze it to your advantage or use your enemies' initiative against them, but plan accordingly.

I highly recommend reading essays/commented versions of Sun Tzu's The Art of War for tactics in such things and for life in general.

FoW
That was excellent teamwork, especially since there were two n00bs there. ;)

Who monked? MaidMirawyn? Superb monking. Let me know if you do it again; I can ditch my monk skills to make a more offensive, efficient tank.

Who gave us obsidian keys? Thank you and pm me you character's name, please; I wanna be able to place a name with a 'face'.

Who gave me that cool green axe? Same thing, pm please. I am getting good use out of it.

I agree with what you posted and which is why Team SoE was formed but lately things have been hctic and trhe recent changes to HA and get used to what is going on in 8 v 8. And Actually if you get mowed that does not mean a build does not work. It takes time to get a build to work in HA. I have been on good teams and bad teams. I been on teams that were running searing flames a proven build that gave up after getting "mowed" I bean on teams that got mowed 5 times in a row but got better each time and ended up winning several times in a row after the team got the hang of what was going on. HA is a tough place to play. It took me a very long time to get my rank 3. I am now a rank 4 almost to rank 5. I will be posting soon on what we will be doing on Tuesday night and what we need. This tuesday is going back to serious Team SoE night and I hope everyone can show up and run the builds needed!

Andrew

FoW

Who monked? MaidMirawyn? Superb monking. Let me know if you do it again; I can ditch my monk skills to make a more offensive, efficient tank.

Who gave us obsidian keys? Thank you and pm me you character's name, please; I wanna be able to place a name with a 'face'.

Who gave me that cool green axe? Same thing, pm please. I am getting good use out of it.

Monks were STC95(name on forums) I think his name in game is "his traveling monk" and myself. My other characters are in my sig.

Keys were given by slalomdms aka Living Water and I gave a few keys out as well aka Fiona Dredd the uber Ele :p j/k

FoW

Lol Dea monking?? HA! ;)

ya that was definatly a great night. PvP was long but FoW was just plain fun! and not to mention like 13 Shards. :D a good job to everyone on that team.

Shards? What shards?

Just kidding, congrats to those who did get them. It was a blast, but I really should never stay up that late ever again.

lol no kidding. I was the first to leave around 2 in the morning and I asked dredd how long you guys stayed up and he said you guys completed another quest! I must say i was suprised you all stayed up so late.

Time flys when your in a guildy group :) .

Tips, feedback, Q's, kibbutz...

Functioning as one cohesive team rather than eight individuals takes a little effort; it is not automatic. ;)

Strategy
If we get mowed faster than grass repeatedly :eek:, the strategy is beyond 'tweaking' and needs to be scrubbed. CTRL-ALT-DEL the plan. :(
HA is not something you can do ad hoc. TA, sure, not HA.

I noticed that everyone's discussion of tactics, skills, etc. were reactionary and defensive. The object of the game is to annihilate your opponents, not to be safe against them. Remember the objective and do things that will further that objective only. Defense is a part of that, yes, but a small one.

"Timing is everything." Establish a rhythm, cadence, a beat. It makes the team function more in synch and more smoothly. Additionally, initiative is important: you can sieze it to your advantage or use your enemies' initiative against them, but plan accordingly.

I highly recommend reading essays/commented versions of Sun Tzu's The Art of War for tactics in such things and for life in general.

I am currently reading Sun Tzu's The Art of War. Has anyone tried a Knockdown/Interupt team build? I set up a Hero group that way for Hero Battles and it's fun watching them trying to cast spell after spell and not be able to. I use a bunny thumper (Hammer R/W with pet for xtra interupts) for my character, then use a ranger, air ele, and a mesmer with there respective interupts.

Last edited:
Back