Friday July 8, 2016

BlockHeadLewie

Ephesians 6:17 said:
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Now the first thing that pops out at me is Salvation and The Word of God are mentioned at the same time. Coincidence? I think not! The Word of God is, in all cases, The Will of God and His Spirit can indeed cut through anything!
If it is true, and I firmly believe it is, that The Word of God is also Jesus whom sent to us The Holy Spirit. With His Spirit we not only have a better chance to understand The Word of God, but how it is to be applied. Anyone who has done any fencing can tell you a sword is not only a weapon of attack, but also of defense as well. Anyone can wield a sword, but it takes knowledge, wisdom, practice and understanding of it for it to have potential.
There are also certain things a follower of Christ must maintain in their thoughts, as well as some we must avoid. Salvation comes through Jesus Christ, and Him alone. Period. We may accept Him into our hearts, but we must maintain our thoughts on Jesus or we could be overcome by fleshly understandings; By sight and not by faith.
I believe these two have been placed together to maintain the true Sovern of Jesus in our battle. We serve a King, we Glorify a King, we worship a King, we fight for a King. If we maintain our focus on Him and as we live our lives within His Word we begin to realize the fight is already won, we're just claiming the victory!

Gracious and Most High Father, King above all kings and Lord of all lords, bring to our minds that which our hearts already know: Salvation is Yours and Yours alone but you have given us a chance to share in it. Help us to avoid our own understanding of Your Word and bring a completeness to our lives we face through Your Spirit and Your Word. We declare this in The Mighty Name of Jesus, Your Son. Amen.

Back