Friday, February 20, 2009: Faith & Achievement

RiverTigress

Matthew 17:18-21

"And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour. Then came the disciples to Jesus privately, and said, Why could not we cast him out? And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto the mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting."

The main lesson of this story is often remembered as with faith we can do anything, but it is also important to remember the last line that tells us that while it is possible to do anything in faith, just having faith doesn't make things accomplishable in any way we choose. Even with great faith we still need to seek guidance to learn what is God's way to correctly achieve what we desire.

We can do anythign through faith. I agree, Faith is not a magic wand we wave and suddenly what we want to have happen does... I think Hebrews 11:1 says it perfectly.

Hebrews 11:1 said:
1. Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Thank you for the reminder.

Back