Friday Dungeon Frenzy, Jan 11th, just show up

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
I'd like to try something different with a guild dungeon event, tomorrow. It may work out well, might be terrible.

What: show up. When we get 5 people, we leave to go do some dungeoning. Fun and loot had by all.
Who: All are welcome regardless of whether you've done these, and especially encouraged if you haven't. Please be aware of level requirements, though everyone should meet these.
When: Whenever you get here. Every half hour, ever hour...whatever. When we get 5 people, we go, and that group decides what to go do. I'll be signing on around 9pm est and playing till I pass out.

So here's the thought: these things take about an hour or less in most cases. No huge queue at the same time trying to fit into evenly spaced dungeon groups...just show up. There's no reason we can't just be rotating through between groups and having a grand old time.

And TeamSpeak! Don't forget TeamSpeak! That's a great way to get into groups, figure out how to do the dungeons, and where the fun is to be had!! No mic/headset needed (but preferred!) Listening can be just as much a benefit and fun as talking!

Last night Avenger had to turn his mic off because his brother was sleeping, we then tried to make Avenger laugh loud enough to wake his brother up! See! No mic = fun!

Yes, Teamspeak! Link for the lazy, takes 2 mins to install:
http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

It's not about being more coordinated and beating the dungeons. Yes, it's a lot easier to say things than it is to communicate clearly/efficiently, but these dungeons can be PUGged just fine. With just text chage, though, that's sort of what a guild event can feel like, a PUG. Even if you don't have (or don't use) a mic, hearing people really puts a lot of personality on the event.

This sounds great! Unfortunately, I'm in a crazy work crunch right now, and have dedicated my couple of free nights to my wife. I hope this is successful enough to do again in a couple of weeks when I'm no longer working nights and weekends.

I am happy to join in and offer heaping potions of protection to those who love healing! :cool: And, yes, as Bonwar states, hope to crush a lot of monster skulls in the process!

Doug (aka, Gigabit)

I am happy to join in and offer heaping potions of protection to those who love healing! :cool: And, yes, as Bonwar states, hope to crush a lot of monster skulls in the process!

Doug (aka, Gigabit)

I can vouch that Doug is a most excellent source of protection and regeneration! :p

Hooray for inside jokes! I only give you a hard time because you're awesome. :cool:

I wouldn't have it any other way! Dying to help someone else is a powerful and familiar theme :)

Looking forward to looking up at you in-game tonight!

Last edited:
Wow, at one point we had 4 separate teams going at once, and more people joining in soon after...must've been ~25 people. Crazy! Thanks so much for everyone who ran dungeons with guildies last night! It really takes a good, flexible group to make the non-plan work, and everyone was so flexible and easygoing.

I'd definitely like to notplan this again sometime!

yes, thanks. I finally got through my first dungeon in story mode. Looking forward to more.

Back