Friday, December 5, 2008

RiverTigress

Revelation 12:10-11 (KJV)

12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

We know that this world is not where we are destined to remain, and that the powers within this world won't be fighting us forever, but sometimes on days of feeling particularly oppressed (I'm not the only one who has those kinds of days, right?) it can be helpful to skip to the back of the Book to remind ourselves again that we are victorious in the end after all. I don't think anyone doubts God's ability to overcome evil single-handedly if and when He so desires, but how many of us actually feel like we are helping with the battle or feeling more like we are just taking up time and resources being an 'unprofitable servant' till the end?

While we may feel one way or the other, this passage specifically tells us that we, the brethren, do indeed help in the overcoming, and not by great or mighty deeds done in the physical realm, but just by holding to our acceptance of Jesus' sacrifice and our testimony to others.

Back