Freebies 6/25/06

Dauntless

Well it's that time again, my storage is cluttered and I don't much care to stand around trying to sell stuff so my loss is your gain.

Here are some items that I just don't have any use for that I would love you all to have.

Whisper me in game or post here with what you want and it's yours.

freebies.jpg

What's gone:
Zarna's Wrath-Dredd
Icy Sword Hilt-Shagz
Grognar's sword-Shagz
Flint's Fleshcleaver-dorkelf

Last edited:
Add a Flint's Fleshcleaver, Flint's Wand and 2 Drago's Vampiric Flatbow's to the list.

LOL what are the odds of getting 2 Drago's vampiric flatbows in the same day.

Dauntless said:
Add a Flint's Fleshcleaver, Flint's Wand and 2 Drago's Vampiric Flatbow's to the list.

LOL what are the odds of getting 2 Drago's vampiric flatbows in the same day.

Oooo, I could really use the Fleshcleaver if it's still available! Thanks,

Paul

I know we have some weapon upgrades to get rid of. I'll go through all six PvE characters' inventories and get together with Paul to see what's available. I think I also have a green mes staff available (probably my Handsmasher), or will in a few days...

I don't reserve mine on the forum. Just tell me what you want in-game and if I have it its yours.

Sword Pommel of Swordsmanship......Swordsmanship +1 (20% chance)
Vampiric Hammer Haft...Life Stealing 5
Insightful Staff Head +5 energy
Icy Dragon Sword
Vampiric Sword Hilt 3:1
Millius' Pillar
Sword Pommel of Fortitude +25 health
Thornbeard's Horned Bow
Wenslauss' Faith
Korvald's Chakram
Galigord's Stone Scroll
Wroth's Holy Rod

I have a few I'd like to get rid of too, let me know in-game if you'd like to take one or many of these off my hands.

freebies.jpg

Well, while we are on the topic of free stuff...... let me know what ya want.

GOLD EARTH WAND - GONE

fre3.jpg

fre2.jpg

fre1.jpg

Last edited:
astrod00d said:
Shouldn't those major runes have -35 health?

Any rune Id'd or Salvaged before the update is still -50 hp and the rune trader will not buy these runes. Basically unless you want less health for whatever strange reason or you simply can't afford the new ones, they're pretty much useless.

Only new runes salvaged and identified after the update have the -35. Any runes that existed with -50 before the update stay at -50, including ones applied to armor.

EDIT: Doh, beat me to the submit button. Didn't realize that you couldn't sell them to the trader though.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, didnt see the update on the major runes. Maybe Anet saw that nobody uses them so lowered the hp penalty to get more people to use them. I mean +40 Health vs superior runes. I guess you need to figure out if the +1 attribute or +40 health is better.

This is the way I look at the major rune vs. superior rune thing:

2 major runes = +2 to two attributes, max attribute 15 with hat and max 14 on another attribute, -70 HP

1 superior rune and 1 minor rune = +3 to one attribube, max 16 with hat, and +1 to another, max 13, -75hp

You get more versatility at the expense of power.

azuresun said:
This is the way I look at the major rune vs. superior rune thing:

2 major runes = +2 to two attributes, max attribute 15 with hat and max 14 on another attribute, -70 HP

1 superior rune and 1 minor rune = +3 to one attribube, max 16 with hat, and +1 to another, max 13, -75hp

You get more versatility at the expense of power.

That's neat, I didn't think about that until I saw your post. Might make sense on our VIM trappers to go Maj WS and Expertise now instead of sup WS. Or maybe even Sup WS and major expertise. Its just so cool that they've made major runes viable now (though I had to chunk quite a few -50's as a result).

Paul

For ViM, this might make a EW ranger a little better. Take major beast mastery and major WS to help Viper's Nest and EW while not hurting expertise or WS too much.

Dauntless said:
Any rune Id'd or Salvaged before the update is still -50 hp and the rune trader will not buy these runes. Basically unless you want less health for whatever strange reason or you simply can't afford the new ones, they're pretty much useless.

You can still sell them to Merchants, can't you?

Shagz said:
You can still sell them to Merchants, can't you?

Yes, the merchant will still buy them, but will only pay the 25g or similar ID'd value, not that the rune trader prices have gone up any on major runes since this update, at least not that I've noticed.

I sold a couple for 72-75 each earlier today! The new major runes I had I took to the rune trader for pricing. They offered 25!

Back