Free Microsoft Software for Giving Feedback

IlterInan

Spoofee.com has a promo listed on their site;

Microsoft is offering a free software if you let them monitor your PC usage for 3 months.

If you are a Windows Vista or Windows XP user and decide to join and participate, Microsoft will send you a free Microsoft product when you participate in the program. Limit one gift per person. This offer is non-transferable. This offer expires on 12/31/07, while supplies last, and is not redeemable for cash.

- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit DVD)
- Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007
- Microsoft Money Plus Premium
- Microsoft Student with Encarta Premium 2008
- Microsoft Streets and Trips 2008

It depends on how much surveillance they would be doing. Would they be reading all my messages and love notes to my sweetheart? Would they be reading about my entire life in emails to mom and dad?

So you would willingly give up all your rights to privacy for some software? Rather dumb if you ask me.

so...... going out for a wii or black friday and walking around the side of the building to use a bush is dumb too? :rolleyes:

It depends on how much surveillance they would be doing. Would they be reading all my messages and love notes to my sweetheart? Would they be reading about my entire life in emails to mom and dad?
In this day and age it's prudent to assume yes.

If you have an undesignated free-for-all computer that you dont use...why not? It's free software for MS to think that they are doing market research. I know Office Ultimate goes for around 600 bucks; I can sacrifice 3 months of limited privacy for that.

If you have an undesignated free-for-all computer that you dont use...why not? It's free software for MS to think that they are doing market research. I know Office Ultimate goes for around 600 bucks; I can sacrifice 3 months of limited privacy for that.

Perceived value. While the software may retail for over a thousand dollars, I have no use for it therefor it is worthless to me. My privacy cannot be bought by anyone.

Perceived value. While the software may retail for over a thousand dollars, I have no use for it therefor it is worthless to me. My privacy cannot be bought by anyone.

lol ...well, it's worth a lot more than that to businesses ;)

at any rate...no need to sacrifice privacy, like i said...just create a VM using Virtual PC (Free) or VMWare (has some free editions) and just let it sit and run idly all the time your machine is on.

no privacy lost!

Hmm...2 problems with this...Me = Anti-MS; and Linux FTW!

But seriously...that doesn't even sound right...and I completely agree with VK and BraveHeart...

This was meant as a heads up for those who might be interested in getting some free software. Especially for those who use more than half the programs for school and/or work. I use Visio and Project daily on top of the usual excel, word outlook etc; at work and at home. So if you guys are anti-MS then more power to you, and if you are interested because you need some of these programs but dont want to spend the $$ on them then more power to you.

Mhm... you know the more i think about it...i would let them monitor my broken PC sitting on the floor over there!:p or is there some list of rules about like your PC has to turn on first?

lol, I might consider this since I never use my Windows box. I'll just load up whatever monitoring software that they want onto my Windows PC and then I'll just continue using my macbook.

Of course none of the "free" software interests me, so it's really not worth my time.

Back