Free Games from GoG

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
There are several free games from GoG right now, but the one I have a question about is Lure of The Temptress. Anyone have info on this game? How is game play, and content?

All I found about it was that it was supposedly great back in the day (1992)

I actually have the game, gathering dust in a dark closet.
It's a point and click fantasy adventure. The fantasy element is pretty low though; it is for the most part just the story setting that is fantasy based. The graphics are colorful, but, of course, not what you would call detailed.

It is fairly short and it had a bug in it. The much needed tinderbox would not always spawn. Luckily for me, that did not happen often (I replayed it a few times), but when it happens, you will have to restart from the beginning, because you simply can not advance without it.

It also had (some) multiple choice dialogue. But it did not impact the ending. But some things you may or may not do (not necessarily dialogue), may give you a game over or you will get stuck because your actions made it impossible for yourself to continue the story.

There are NPC's who will aid you (some are hostile, but they rarely pose a problem). Sometimes literally; you can ask them to do things for you and they can follow you around. But they won't help you throughout the whole game and are only useful maybe once or twice.

You also spend almost the entire game in the village.

The story is okay, but pretty standard. I can't remember the details, but you are a guy who has been tossed in prison by some sort of orc. That's where you start the game. You will have to escape and find out more about what is going on and get rid of the "temptress".

I found the ending (text with a pretty background, I believe) kind of lacklustre. Explaining why, would spoil the ending though ;)

Still, I do like those old point and click adventures, so if it is free you might give it a go ^^

Back