Free Blizzard Authenticators

Laess

Just thought I would throw this out there for everyone since I seem to be seeing it more.

As you know, Blizzard sells authenticators to use to keep your Battlenet accts from getting hacked. Most of you know about the USB dongles used for this task. Well, you have to buy those and have them shipped to you. What most don't know, and I didn't until a few days ago, is there is a version that is available for certain phones rather than buying the USB version.

I went to the mobile website, mobile.blizzard.com, and found out there is an app I can install on my Iphone and do the same thing as the USB version. I just install it, associate the app ID to my Battlenet acct and then when I am ready to log on, I open the app and type in the code it gives me. Best of all, it's FREE. :D

I know it works with the Iphone and Ipod Touch, not sure about the others but there is a link on the site listed above to let you know all the phones that are compatible. The Iphone and Touch are not in the list but you can get it from Itunes in the app store. Just type in Blizzard in the search box and it will show up.

Free piece of mind is not a bad deal.

I looked at that, and it was $0.99 for the download. Either way, a buck or fee, is worth it. I paid full price for the key chain version x2, and it is worth every dollar!!!!

Hmmm, I am looking at it in Itunes right now and it shows free. Not sure why you are seeing $.99
It is listed as Blizzard Entertainment Battle.net Mobile Authenticator
Either way, it is definitely worth it.

Last edited:
Good find. I'd have bought this for myself and Renee, but we purchased the Blizz ones months ago.

Ahh, gotcha. I didn't look at the mobile app. I saw it was available for the Iphone and went right to Itunes.

This got my hopes up, I was like ALRIGHT! USA SWEET! then Blackberry SWEET! What! Not available on the Blackberry 8220 Pearl Flip, or for T-Mobile.

Back