Forums hosting expenses due Sept. 23

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I know many of you likely don't check the CGA General Discussion Forum regularly, so I wanted to re-post the call for donations (originally posted April 16) here as well. The Alliance is still over $300 USD short with only 4 months remaining to raise the total.
Abba Communications, the Christian Gamers Alliance's dedicated hosting provider, and Hescominsoon recently coordinated to move our forums, web site, and TeamSpeak server from a dual-Pentium 3 server to a dual-Pentium 4 server. Nearly all forum members who replied to a poll posted shortly after the server move reported a noticeable speed increase on the forums.

Abba Communications has kindly offered to give the Alliance a discount on dedicated server hosting if we pay on a yearly billing cycle. If we decide to pay for one year of hosting, we will receive about an 18% discount. Our payment will be due Tuesday, Sept. 23 in the amount of $495 USD.

I won't "rattle the tin cup," nor will I tell you that God will bless you financially for donating to help keep the Christian Gamers Alliance web site, forums, and TeamSpeak server online. He may or He may not; that's not mine to say.

I won't call your donation a "love seed" or use other "Christian-ese" to talk you into donating. We have bills to pay and I believe there are enough active members in the community who believe in our mission and are willing to donate funds to keep this community online.

I will ask that community members who are blessed by these forums and the ability to "meet" on our TeamSpeak server consider donating to help cover our expenses.

For more information on how to donate to the Christian Gamers Alliance, please see this thread.

Thank you.
Source: Dedicated server hosting expenses due Sept. 23

It's really simple. We have over 2,000 members. if 349 gave a buck we would be set. 5 bucks is the minimum due to processing overhead(if you donate via the forums). I myself have put in quite a bit behind the scenes maintaining the software suite which makes this whole shebang possible. Affiliate leaders, chapter leaders, individual leaders..it comes down to this..do you want the cga to stay online? If so then organize some donation drives....:)

It's really simple. We have over 2,000 members. if 349 gave a buck we would be set. 5 bucks is the minimum due to processing overhead(if you donate via the forums). I myself have put in quite a bit behind the scenes maintaining the software suite which makes this whole shebang possible. Affiliate leaders, chapter leaders, individual leaders..it comes down to this..do you want the cga to stay online? If so then organize some donation drives....:)

qft. p.s. - do we get the old theme back if we donate? :)

I'm more than willing to donate a decent amount of money, however I'm also an un-educated surfer of the "interweb". :eek:

Is there a link that I can go to, to make a donation?

I'm makeing 80 bucks a day here for drinking rum and cokes on the beach now that my job is done after all. ;)

Much Love, Cait.

Thank you, that was much more painless than anticipated. :p
I gave 40 dollars, so if for some reason I did it wrong let me know. I'd hate for it to go to the wrong place.

Back