forum wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I tend to give free reign except for violations of the ToS, I also have to question the value of yet another spam thread.

I understand it's all "pretend," but I think this sort of exercise would be better suited to a IRC channel than a forum.

Dang, and here I thought he was kidding, Tek.

...I mean, rampant and violent negativity? Come on!

*puts Tek and C$ in a barrel and pushes it off the top of Mt. Everest*

*yells* "Have a good trip!"

*watches as they scream in terror and the barrel rolls off at Mach V*

*randomly teleports behind Laz and blows him up with a pig, a pair of socks, and a copy of Battle for Middle Earth II: Rise of the Witch King*

Wee. Now we're done.

*watches as tek and hcs gets stuck in the snow*

*puts on shades as a huge chunk of mt everest is blown up by a nuclear bomb*

Ok honestly I asked the staff their opinions on this because honestly it is quite offensive to this lady. I actually tolerate and allow a lot of imo garbage to keep being posted around and do not take the time to see what other's opinions are. Why can't y'all do a positive type of thread instead of this???? I see and have seen enough crapola in every day live. Do not throw me over a cliff or shoot me or whatever or I WILL make sure there are consequences.

Blessings, "Angel"

Ok honestly I asked the staff their opinions on this because honestly it is quite offensive to this lady. I actually tolerate and allow a lot of imo garbage to keep being posted around and do not take the time to see what other's opinions are. Why can't y'all do a positive type of thread instead of this???? I see and have seen enough crapola in every day live. Do not throw me over a cliff or shoot me or whatever or I WILL make sure there are consequences.

Blessings, "Angel"

...:confused:

Oy.

I'm going to cite the rarely-used rule against spam in the ToS and close this thread.

Glancing at the topics on the General Discussion forum, it's clear that most of them have involved into brief exchanges of spam. I don't think we'll be missing much by closing another spam-packed thread.

What never ceases to amaze me is how people will use the forum like a chat room, posting spam more often than not, but not participating in the #cga IRC channel (which is far better suited to such conversations).

We've had some quality discussions on the General Discussion forum, but it seems lately that most threads turn into spamfests by the second page and then continue off-topic.

I and the other moderators have been fairly lenient on spam in the past, but it's apparent we may need to start enforcing the "no excessive spam" guideline soon in order to give people who do want to hold an intelligent discussion a place to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back