FORGE: Anyone have the bonus copy for trade?

SKLURB

Called from Darkness Web Developer
FORGE currently comes with a a bonus copy of the game when you purchase one. Does anyone have an extra available? I don't have much for trade, but I do have an extra copy of Torchlight, Wanderlust, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and Don't Starve.

Please let me know!

Last edited:
OMgosh! I think i might have to buy this, those videos of the pyromancer flying looks off the hizook

So Tasos says. ;) Although it looks like the date is almost here and he hasn't said anything yet....

I'd like to know as well, though I'll probably stick with Guild Wars 2 for my PvP fix (when I finally get a character ready for PvP, that is).

There is no need for structuredPvP, it is a totally separate leveling system, you start at 80. sPvP is the same at lvl 1 as 80, zero difference.
For WvW you will want to be at least 30 so you have access to all your skills, weapon swaping,traits etc. WvW you get boosted to 80 but keep your current unlocks so there is a big diff between a 1boost to 80 and a 80.

There is no need for structuredPvP, it is a totally separate leveling system, you start at 80. sPvP is the same at lvl 1 as 80, zero difference.
I think this is pretty neat. That said, I haven't started PvP yet because I'm still not comfortable enough with my skills (in-game skill familiarity and personal combat expertise alike).

But I digress. Also interested in hearing about your FORGE experience.

For WvW you will want to be at least 30 so you have access to all your skills, weapon swaping,traits etc. WvW you get boosted to 80 but keep your current unlocks so there is a big diff between a 1boost to 80 and a 80.
I'm planning on leveling a separate character to 30 for WvW (probably Ploorpp, my Asura Necromancer) since I play my Norn Ranger with my wife. I doubt I'll play much PvP because WvW holds much greater appeal for this Dark Age of Camelot alum. :)

Hey there, sorry I haven't had much game time the last few days due to some family court stuff. I spent about 1½ hours playing around with the tutorial...VERY fun class abilities. Yes, arenas feel sorta WoW-ish, but the targeting is reticle-based and you don't have an insane amount of skills like you do in WoW. You have about 10 skills. The arenas are much larger than WoW's and all classes have sprint and have abilities that allow them to be very mobile. For example the Pyromancer has an ability similar to a WoW hunter's Disengage, which allows them to jump backwards very suddenly out of melee range, however, unlike WoW, the distance you jump is HUGE, and you can control the direction. If your reticle is pointing at the ground, you can jump straight up, or maneuver yourself to jump backwards onto an upper landing. The Warden also has a sort of "whirlwind" attack, and depending where you point the reticle, he can 'helicopter' up onto higher landings as well. I haven't jumped into the full game yet, but I have to remap all the controls for my n52te. The keyboard default is nice, but I never use the keyboard for this style of game. Will give more info when I have it.

Received this email today:

"We’re excited to announce that Forge v1.02 is now live! Everyone here at Dark Vale Games is excited about the new features we’ve added in this patch, so we hope you get a chance to check them out soon.

Version 1.02 Highlights:
NEW MODE: Arena!
NEW MAPS: Hall’Vak Arena and Ymil’s Throne Arena!

REMINDER: The “Buy One, Get One Free” special offer ends Tuesday, December 18th. Be sure to grab your copy of Forge by then to take advantage of this great deal!"

Click here to head to Steam now! http://store.steampowered.com/app/223390/

For more details on Forge v1.02, click the following link: http://www.playforgewar.com/front-page/1-02-update-live/

Back