For you Firefox lovers

ewoksrule

I noticed that we have a few firefox fanboys in the guild. I am one of them. Anybody else use it back when it was Phoenix, and then firebird? I have a heavily customized FF install that I cannot do without.

Well, I learned the coolest thing the other day. I can install FF portable on my USB key and surf directly from the usb key. Then when I am at a public computer I plug it in have access to it all, my bookmarks, my extensions, my themes....and even better. It will leave no trace of history on the host pc. Awesome eh?
Portable Firefox
also notice portable OpenOffice and other great portable apps all run from a USB key. Here is the fantastic story that informed me about it all.
The Ultimate USB key

oh and here are some fresh FF wallpapers for you as well
Firefox Wallpapers

ewoksrule said:
Well, I learned the coolest thing the other day. I can install FF portable on my USB key and surf directly from the usb key. Then when I am at a public computer I plug it in have access to it all, my bookmarks, my extensions, my themes....and even better. It will leave no trace of history on the host pc. Awesome eh?
Portable Firefox
Portable Firefox and Portable Thunderbird rock. I have them loaded on my thumbdrive and use them while at school. Oh, and I also have Trillian configured for portable use, as per trilliananywhere.com.

Couldn't work in the college computer lab without my thumbdrive. :)

Tek7 said:
Portable Firefox and Portable Thunderbird rock. I have them loaded on my thumbdrive and use them while at school. Oh, and I also have Trillian configured for portable use, as per trilliananywhere.com.

Couldn't work in the college computer lab without my thumbdrive. :)
Hey! I thought you were no longer reading our forums. ;)

is there any GW themes for FF? (thinks final fantasy but really talking about fire fox)

hey if these programs work on portable usb drives, could u load these programs on say a ipod to auto load when docked.

I just bring my laptop to school.
use trillian and firefox that way.haha.
wireles intenet on campus, oh yeah. I can play guildwars under the stars.

I've had portable firefox and puppylinux intalled on my flash drive for almost a year now. Also, my wife is a school teacher and they don't give her admin rights to her school computer. I put portable firefox on it for her since she can't install the standard one. =)

Back