Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Fort Aspenwood

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • The Jade Quarry

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Stc95

Tribe of Judah Guild Wars Chapter Leader
I think it's time to recognize the competitive side of our Alliance. So, this question is: What is your favorite PvP venue and why?

I gotta go for HA. Different maps doing different things, 8v8 is a good size. I'm r6 :p and it's where I started PvP with Team SoE. Although I do really enjoy FA/JQ

Last edited:
AB... When it doesn't take forever to get in. Running around like a chicken with its head cut off avoiding the massive blobs and trying to do this elusive thing called 'capping'.

Good times to be had right there.

I like fort aspenwood, and that's only because I play for the kurzick side. It fulfills my monkly cravings to do massive healing (while acting as a wuss and hiding behind walls).
It's also one of the few times where I get to use a bonder build (with life bond and a bunch of other enchantments) with some degree of success. Otherwise, the last time I used a bonder build was in fow and uw, back in the day when permas didn't exist xD.

HA all the way!

HA all the way! Very few experiences in gw beat the feeling of winning halls. We should get a team going again ^_^ ....I'm serious! lol

I like HA better than anything. It's the only venue where if you win, you get your name up in lights and get to open a chest.

I had to go with RA, minimal preperation, pretty much have to be self reliant and practically no wait time.

I've never done PvP - what would you suggest as the best place to START? Not the hardest - or even most fun - but the place to get your feet wet?

The faction PvP is, imo, the best place to start. JQ/FA/AB are all good places to understand the basics about fighting against real people. After that RA/TA/HA/GvG

Bingo - exactly what I needed - thanks. Stc comes through again!

Um - what is JQ/FA/AB?

I voted for HA, but my second fave is alliance.

I agree about the variety provided in Heroes Ascent. It's tons of fun (even if Fetid River is my nemesis), and lets you really get into it! And there is the whole reward thing. :)

Hopefully once we are finished with the move I can actually play again! Right now, I don't have any time.

It is interesting that HA is in the lead for favorite PvP, yet it seems (unless I am out of the loop) that the HA night has faded and is no more.

We don't have to do it for it to be our favorite. Just like your favorite dish, you don't eat it every night, or even every week, yet it is still your favorite.

My favorite PvP to organize is AB - people can bring anything they want really, and in fact its a great testing ground for new builds. The only real drawback (as everyone knows) is the wait time, but I tend to just minimize GW, cue up some music, check my email, chat on TS, etc. while waiting. So personally waiting for AB is no big deal for me.

When I'm not organizing but just playing, I do prefer HA. It is the greatest challenge as far as the builds, both personal and team builds, and strategy.
And definitely the greatest reward for winning - getting ranked is just awesome. Its biggest drawback is that the highly competitive people who enjoy and are good at HA tend to be hard to work with. No offense to anyone in particular. :) Also everyone can end up standing around all night without playing when we end up with too few people, or too much inflexibility with builds. Its even worse for the PvP organizer, because that person doesn't only not get to play, but also wastes a bunch of time spamming Alliance for players, working with peoples builds, etc. Not to mention putting up with all the whining and complaining. :) When I'm organizing HA I can't have music going or anything else that might distract me, I have to work double-time to keep up with everything that's going on, and its hard work. But again, if someone else is doing that and I'm just playing, I really do love HA.

there is a group of experienced and/or "willing to be flexible and patient" players on hand

RA is my favorite...but AB would probably be the best place to start. Lots of people have builds that will help you to understand how to make builds for other pvp venues...RA,TA,etc. Plus, minimal chance of being noticed in AB if you are a newby and you don't have the greatest build in the world.

I voted HA.
It was the most fun for me. There isn't really a thrill like it in PvP. We should get a team togeather again. I would love to do better and get better.

I think GvG would be fun too. I've done a few of those. Alot of fun there.

We should get the ball rolling on these things again. I think the alliance would benefit tremendously from these things, and hopefully at the same time, give some glory and praise to God!

Back