For our Soldiers in TF2

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
Here is a link to a video which may help our Soldier players provided by Lt Crumpet (you tube language warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI29xEnfTzI

I switch weapons fluently but my aim is nowhere near his. I can't rocket jump right either. Both of which is why I don't play Soldier a lot.

Last edited:
Here is a link to a video which may help our Soldier players provided by Lt Crumpet (you tube language warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI29xEnfTzI
Let me re-state Gerbil's warning in bold text and caps: The video linked above contains INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE and is NOT SAFE FOR WORK. Do not play it with the speakers on if you're in a public place. The video is very informative, but the opening features some very crude language. If you can skip the intro, you're good to go.

All disclaimers aside, the video is, IMHO, very helpful in teaching how to improve one's game as Soldier. I just wish it didn't have that intro. >_<

I finally figured out how to sorta rocket jump, and the bit about aiming a little to the left a bit helps out a huge amount in close. And the cl_interp or whatever was what was bugging me forever about weapons delaying after the mouse button was pressed. Putting it at 0 allowed me to dominate people easily. I can't wait to try it with the sniper later on tonight to see how well things improve without a 100ms delay :p

Last edited:
And the cl_interp or whatever was what was bugging me forever about weapons delaying after the mouse button was pressed.
I wonder if that will allow me to activate Ubercharges immediately, too. If so, it will likely result in far fewer lost ubers.

I think everyone needs to try the map rj_rocketeer2. It is ridiculous some of the obstacles in it. It's pretty fun but can be extremely frustrating.

(Edited by Gerbil. That map site is now mentioned in a pm to competition team members) has them. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like posting that particular site directly on the forums. You didn't do anything wrong Mr. Smartypants and I appreciate the help. It's just I've had some very offensive pop ups and nasty stuff from that site in the past. At first I thought it was just me but after searching there is a minority that occasional had problems. It's just that site too, if it where a virus on my computer I'd think other sites would have issues. Anyway I pm'ed out links to most of the competition team on the maps so check your e-mail. PM me if you want them but didn't get them.

Last edited:
Wow, these maps really help. Pretty hard to get the timing down on Aerial kills, but practice makes perfect. ^__^

/hates the rocket jump map

Back