For My Mother, Please

Been pulling/praying for her. It's scary having your mom get ill you always wish it could be you and not her :/ .

She got back from another round of chemo today. She was feeling nauseated all day Thursday, but as far as side-effects go, that's it. She had scans done last week, to see exactly how well the cancers has responded; we're still waiting to hear back from the doctor.

She got back home from another round of chemo on Saturday. Zero side-effects this time! Only two more rounds left; then, she switches a different medication, though I'm not certain about the details.

I haven't heard anything about those new scans.

Thank you for the update. Any improvement no matter how small is a blessing.

Well, she got back a doctor's appointment yesterday, after I posted, and said that the scans reveal her brain tumor has shrunk by 50% and there are no new lesions. :)

She returned home after another round of treatment on Saturday. I had a cold, so I didn't go visit her; I don't think this round was any different than the previous ones.

It's for the best with weakened immune systems it's bad if she catches something else but you likely know that. It's nice we have tech to keep us in touch without touching. Still praying.

Last edited:
My mom got home from the hospital about an hour ago. I think she struggled with nausea and vomiting on Thursday; yesterday, the doctor tried a different drug, and that worked.

Thanks for the continued prayers!

She had another set of scans done on Thursday and went to the doctor yesterday for the results. Her tumors continue to shrink. :) She also got her next chemo therapy medication, which are pills this time instead of an IV type thing.

She had another set of scans done on Thursday and went to the doctor yesterday for the results. Her tumors continue to shrink. :) She also got her next chemo therapy medication, which are pills this time instead of an IV type thing.
Praise the Lord!

My mom's continued to have weekly doctor visits, for bloodwork, and it's consistently come back with a-ok numbers. Yesterday, the doctor cleared her to drive again (short, in-town trips), because she no longer has balance/vision problems.

Back