For all the dads with daughters

Argh! U.S. only! But great link so thanks for sharing...hope many fathers here take advantage of this!

Thank you, it might not be too late to mend some fences and rebuild bridges with my grown daughter. We have been working on it a number of years, and neither one of us has given up yet.

Link is broken for me. :(
Server Error in '/SpecialOffers/MyFamilyTalkDadsDaughters' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /specialoffers/myfamilytalkdadsdaughters/default.aspx

I'd like to know whether Tek's mind is blown that this thread actually applies to him or if he has come to terms with his destiny :p .

Note: The link worked when I clicked on it earlier must have been overloaded.

Last edited:
Hey Tek, it's working again. Maybe you'll have better luck now.

Gerbil haven't you heard. Ember is expecting in a few weeks and they're having a girl.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

Last edited:
Hey Tek, it's working again. Maybe you'll have better luck now.

Gerbil haven't you heard. Ember is expecting in a few weeks and they're having a girl.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

I know :) I was just curious about our expectant President's mindset, is he calm or will his hands shake while playing puzzle games in the waiting room :p . It's like people who keep up with the USA's President's life... except I actually care what Tek says :) . I mean he's the President of all of CGA and TOJ and we can't even see him on a talk show or in the tabloids :( :p .

Last edited:
Tabloids eh? "Famed leader Tek7 runs into Batboy while chasing Bigfoot." Hey makes more sense than the goofiest one I ever saw, "Lincoln really a woman according to secret papers discovered in the White House basement."

I'd like to know whether Tek's mind is blown that this thread actually applies to him or if he has come to terms with his destiny :p .
It's still surreal, yes. I just finished assembling the crib yesterday and it helped the idea sink in a bit more. I don't think anyone's ever really 100% prepared to be a parent, but I suppose I'm as ready as I'll ever be (though I really do wish I could find a job already).

At least you'll be around not like the parents who roll the dice and let day care raise their children >.< .
Well, my wife's parents live less than a mile away and have offered to watch the baby, so if we both returned to work, we'd know the baby's in good hands.

But I'm sure our situation (having the baby's grandparents close by and willing to watch her) is rare. In most families, both the wife and the husband have to work to pay the bills and that means leaving the baby at day care during business hours. I think most would agree it's not ideal, but I don't think the mortgage company is going to care that a father or mother got to spend more time with his or her child this month when the bill comes due and there's not enough money to pay it.

It wasn't (and isn't) my plan to be a stay-at-home dad and I still plan to find a full-time job, but I'll certainly take care of the baby while I'm still looking.

hey tek..since there's obviously going to be pics(are you going to put any of them online?) you going to post them on your personal site? What's the addy again?

hey tek..since there's obviously going to be pics(are you going to put any of them online?) you going to post them on your personal site?
I'm planning on posting the pictures to the private section of my web site's gallery. I may be pressured into posting a few pictures to Facebook, but considering Facebook's privacy policies and procedures border on criminal, I plan on keeping Facebook photo uploads to a minimum.

Ember, on the other hand...

What's the addy again?
I don't post the URL publicly for security reasons, but I can send the address by PM.

Ember, on the other hand...
Sorry, I lack the self control. One of facebook's better uses is showing off the incredible cuteness of one's child. Since our child is sure to be incredibly cute, I will probably make use of that. ;)

Sorry, I lack the self control. One of facebook's better uses is showing off the incredible cuteness of one's child. Since our child is sure to be incredibly cute, I will probably make use of that. ;)
So if our child shows up on a random Facebook ad without our explicit permission, we'll know who originally posted the photo for Facebook to swipe.

So if our child shows up on a random Facebook ad without our explicit permission, we'll know who originally posted the photo for Facebook to swipe.

IDK She may not want to post the pictures publicly after all the child only has a 50/50 chance of looking cute in my book. Here is hoping Tek's genes are recessive :D :p .

<me prepares to be banned XD>

Last edited:
Back