FOOD!!!!!!!!

Are we talking sausage sandwiches made with English muffins? Basically an Egg McMuffin except with sausage instead of ham?

I tried McDonald's version, and while I can stand a regular Egg McMuffin, the sausage version was... unpleasant.

My favorite breakfast sandwich at my local bagel shop is their "Arizona omelet". Egg, pepperjack cheese, sausage on some sort of pepper cheese bagel. It's spicy, and just the right amount of greasy, if you tell them to leave off the pepper mayonnaise dressing they normally put on it. The first time I asked them to leave the dressing off, they looked confused, and asked if it was too spicy. I had to figure out how to frame my response in a way that didn't sound rude. So instead of "with sausage, cheese, on a cheese bagel, why does it need extra grease smeared on it", I told them with the sausage and cheese it was already a pretty "moist" sandwich, and didn't need the mayo.

Sausage Mc Muffin with no egg made at home, with the pre cooked patties I use much, much less grease. Sharp cheddar or Swiss cheese.

Is that the same as carob? We use carob as a substitute for chocolate in several recipes. I like the taste...but it is not chocolate.

Yummers to both. I have to switch off on a regular basis so I don't get into a rut.

lol...most of the vegans I know, if they have any sense of superiority, it is because they are getting healthier every day.

Now I'll be nice to ya vegans, what is yer favorite side dish for thanksgiving?

oh my, pick one...grilled asparagus - mashed potatoes, either white of sweet - making brussels sprouts with mushrooms and pecans for tomorrow - and,of course, cranberries.

Let's see, keep the sweet 'taters, find something better and less insulting to go with mushrooms and pecans. On second thought just gimmee grilled mushrooms and I'll eat pecans by themselves. And yes cranberries in almost any format, I especially miss my mother-in-laws cranberry salad, or whatever ya wanna call it. I hope in the Heavenly banquet it will be available.

Christmas is coming, and with meditations on the significance of the birth of Christ, comes the rest of the thoughts of the season. One thing that comes with it is a focus on foods we can have and not have. Foods that we enjoy. So we will try to focus on Holiday Specials and other foods at this time. One item that polarizes people on the hate it/love it scale, and has been the source of many jokes, some unfair and unkind, but when this is well done I think it is excellent.

Fruit Cake

Is it fair to con your Mom into helping making these for Christmas Eve tradition just so she will stay overnight with you?

Swedish Meatballs

What do ya do with 6 dozen leftover cookies when there are only 2 people to eat them?

Back