foobar2000!

Killerah

I LOVE this media player! It's really lightweight, but full featured. The only catch is that you have to do alot of configuring if you download it and a bunch of plugins (it's kinda like setting up and playing with linux, but obviously not as complex). Fortunately, I already did that and I uploaded my configuration here. Just download that file and extract it wherever and it should work. If not you have to install foobar and then extract it over that directory.

I have like 20 plugins going and it only takes up around 6-10 MB of ram to run at any given time! Some of it's cool features include CD ripping, CD burning, last.fm support, RAR/zip archive support, auto lyrics grabbing, album art display, and multiple playlist tabs (think firefox). It also plays just about any audio file you throw at it, but perhaps my favorite feature, and the one that made me happy enough to make a thread about it, is that the ratings feature is stored in the ID3 tags! If you've ever used auto playlists and such, then you know how handy this can be! You can copy the folders that contain all your music to another computer and they will still retain your ratings (and playcounts)! I've had to re-rate my stuff about 3 times (before I figured out that it would be smart to keep a playlist with all songs of a certian rating, and just rate the whole playlist), and the way ratings work in foobar just makes so much more sense!

And you have to admit, the name is just fun to say :). So yeah, anybody else a foobar2000 fan?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, the tagging features are simply the best I've seen out of any media player, or even ID3 tagging programs!

Last edited:
I've heard about it, but have never played with it...I will have to.

Edit: Thanks for uploading your configuration file..I will just use it as a base config file! Thanks! :D

Hmm... I put it on my laptop using the method I mentioned, and it doesn't look like it should. Does it look like this for you? If not, I'll have to upload some other configurations for you to get it to look right. It looks really crappy by default.

No..but it did say that a lyrics plugin wasnt loading properly..

But no it does not look like that, and yes it looks very crappy by default. I'm too lazy/busy to figure out how to configure it properly -_-..so I await your postings ;)

Ok, to get yours to look like mine download this open up foobar and click file>prefrences. Once that's open select Display>ColumsUI from the side. Make sure the box that says "importing" is checked, and then click import and import the file that you just downloaded. I haven't tested this on my other computer, but it seemed to work on mine, I hope it works for you, let me know what happens.

Back