Flash developers

Meshach

I'm just wondering if we have any flash developers in our guild? I was going to pay a stranger to put something together for me, but though I'd check with you guys first. Just tossing this out there to see if there is interest.

I would like a promotional CD that will autoplay when inserted into a user's computer. The CD will be promoting a Biblical finance church workshop to pastors. Here are the elements I would like displayed:

1. play a promo video we have created
2. list endorsements we have received from people
3. list an outline of topics covered in our workshops
4. show a graphic of the handouts we provide to attendees
5. show a graphic of bulletin inserts we provide to help promote the event
6. display text explaining the various formats of our seminars offered
7. display the pricing of our programs
8. provide contact info (email, web address, phone numbers, etc)

I will provide the logos, text, and videos. I just need someone to put it all together on a CD that will auto load for people I send the disk to. Thanks in advance!!!

Flash has a serious competitor in html5. THe ability to do flash type things without a proprietary, insecure plugin looks great!!!

flash or whatever

I guess I really don't care what program is used, as long as it is highly compatible with most computers and gets the job done. :)

Flash has a serious competitor in html5. THe ability to do flash type things without a proprietary, insecure plugin looks great!!!

Wow, ignorance is bliss. Serious competitor as in it only supports features that existed in Flash 6 which was 5-6 years ago. Serious as in it is not fully implemented on all major browsers. Serious as in there is no agreed upon video standard and one of the standard they are looking at requires royalties. Serious as their is no RIA editor for HTML5 yet. Sounds serious to me. 3-5 years it might be different but that is not the case today.

Anyways, back on topic. HTML5 will not do what you need to do and have it work out of the box. If no one else bites, I might be able to help. My experience with Flash is all back end though. I can accomplish everything you laid out but I am assuming a secondary unstated requirement is that it looks good. I am a developer and not a designer so hopefully someone who can make things look pretty will take you up.

ya know most of things flash is doing are security issues that continue to get exploited anyway so i'll take the "backwards ignorance" as you seem to call it to not have the headache of securing a product that Adobe has said they WON'T fix...not can't..WON"T.

Back