Flags of our Fathers

blackgravity

Has anyone seen it? And did you like it? I really wanted to see it in theaters but never got the chance to, and I would really like to pick it up, probably once Letters from Iwo Jima comes out as well. So if you've seen either of those what are your thoughts?

I've watched both. I enjoyed watching both. They are war movies but from both sides. In Flags of Our Fathers it was an in depth depiction of the men associated with the raising of the Flag. The whole movie was sad but true. Then watching Letters From Iwo Jima makes you realize that war is not good for either side. Having family at home but to be torn away from them, whether voluntary or forced on both sides. Even though LFIJ is in Japanese I found it easy to follow and felt a connection to the Japanese characters. A tear in the end.

I own the movie, I brought the minute it was on discount!

I'd like to own and watch Letters From Iwo Jima. I'm a big fan of action, especially World War movies.

I agree with Coldsteel, its sad but true...

I own the movie, I brought the minute it was on discount!

I'd like to own and watch Letters From Iwo Jima. I'm a big fan of action, especially World War movies.

I agree with Coldsteel, its sad but true...

Letters from Iwo Jima was cool, sad but got kinda boring after a while.

I admit, that I did not like flags of our father's, nor did I care too much for Letters to Iwo Jima. I think that it's not so much anything against the movies, themselves, but that the marketing campaign depicted them as something that they were not. They weren't bad movies, per se. They just were not what I was thinking and I will say that I was excited for what I thought it was going to be. Though I was shocked that they:

!!SPOILER if you read the following line and then are mad at me...I don't know how else to tell you that I am pretty much telling you a scene from the movie SPOILER!!

actually showed the grenade suicides.

Back