Fitness?

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Hey all,

I'm getting my personal trainer certification, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a post on nutrition, health, and fitness? It wouldn't be super guru or anything like that, just some basic fundamentals to better health and fitness.

I was training for MMA for a little while. Did a share of study on the fitness/nutrition for that. I, for one, would like to hear what you've got to say.

I'd be interested as well... and like XT, I don't put up with walls of text (far, far, FAR too impatient.)

:D

Sounds good to me, even geezers need fitness. An occasional heart healthy tip might even make sense.

Hey! I'm actually going for a degree in exercise science, so i would love to see what you have to say about this.

Yes. Also, seems to me that the biggest issue folks typically have is motivation to watch what they eat or exercise. Knowing what to eat and do is important, but any tips on how to stay motivated (other than "don't be lazy") would be great. I find accountability partners do wonders.

Accountability partners are great. But really a good workout partner does wonders. If you don't have the luxury of a workout partner, then i would suggest joining a fitness website (Bodybuilding.com?). Or start up a program such as p90x and join their community. It has taking me over a year before i've gotten to the point that i can be completely reliant on myself to fulfill my fitness goals.

Accountability partners are great. But really a good workout partner does wonders. If you don't have the luxury of a workout partner, then i would suggest joining a fitness website (Bodybuilding.com?). Or start up a program such as p90x and join their community. It has taking me over a year before i've gotten to the point that i can be completely reliant on myself to fulfill my fitness goals.

Thanks, all great suggestions. Workout partners are definitely the best thing to have, I just suggest folks have a backup plan as well. Too often I see something happen (schedule, circumstance, etc) happen with someone's workout partner, and then they are left with nothing and quickly stop excercise.

And +1 for p90x...only accountability partners I needed for that program were the big ol' muscles that popped out on my skinny frame. :)

Back