Finances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidan

Please pray that our finances are touched by God.

My wife is very unhappy in her job, wanting desperatly to quit, so she can stay at home with our son, and quite frankly, that's what I desire as well. Unfortunately I don't make quite enough to pay our bills (we weren't very intelligent with the credit cards back in college). As it stands now, if she were to quit today, we'd have to declare bankruptcy within two months.

Thanks and God bless.

*Prays*

Money is a funny thing. Please do not take my next statement as a comment on your specific place in life.

It seems to me that if we honor God with our money, there is more money there! My wife and I are constantly amazed by how God makes our dollars go farther when we are following the scriptural prinicples laid out for us by God. When we are being generous with what we have God changes our desires. We no longer want that new car or want to go eat here or buy this or that. God changes us.

Of course with that said, I know there are times in my life when I have been faithful with everything God has given me. But, He still makes me walk through a desert. He makes me lean hard into Him for my support. I have prayed, "Okay, God I know you are going to do something here and right now would be a pretty good time to move!" He, of course, does not move when I tell Him to, but He moves just in His time. My favorite quote on God's timing is this. "God always comes through for us. It is just sometimes He makes us sweat."

I and the entire ToJ family will be praying for you in a difficult time.

About six months ago, my wife was in a similar situation. She hated her job, we wanted to have kids and she wanted to be home for it. So, in preparation she left her job and started a childcare service out of our house. It allows her to be home all day yet still earn money for doing something she was already going to be doing when the baby comes, watching kids. Plus, watching other's kids has been a good chance for her to witness as she frequently talks with the parents and has recently invited a couple of them to Church.

Financial burdens can quickly become spiritual burdens that challenge our faith. I will be praying for you and your family. If you need anymore information, let me know.

Hey bro! You definitely have my prayers on this one. I applaud you and your wife for wanting her to stay home.

Are you able/willing to move in or out of state?

we don't really have the money to move at the moment, as well as I'd hoped to stay with my current job at least until i've recieved my security clearance.

I am sorry that you are going through these problems now, but trust in God through it all, and He will help you. Money is an important thing, yes, but don't let it take the place of God now. Satan will do everything he can to take your focus off from God. Remember Job and his troubles. Through his troubles he stayed faithful, and was blessed immensly.

My wife and I had made the same decision, being for her to stay home to look after our son. It does stretch your faith but Kidan, to confirm what the others said : God DOES come through..even if you don't always check with Him before you spend. He broods over us like a mother hen over her chicks. And although we don't always go in the direction that is good for us, He always is around to protect us. We will pray that God shows you a way forward !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back