Finally!

After all the wait, I'm finally going to be able to play. It'll be tonight if I get my way, tomorrow if things work out like I think they will.

The problem is, I'll have this great new system, and DIAL-UP. :eek:

Yes, my DSL company screwed up my order, and I won't have DSL until next Tuesday. At least they gave me a nice dial-up connection in the mean time. So, I'll be playing (finally), but it won't be pretty. At least I can do pre-searing pretty much solo, do some farming for materials I know I'll need later, and earn some money.

See you in Ascalon.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone has Verizon DSL, I would highly recommend that you cancel your service.

On my NINTH phone call to them (I won't bore you with the whole story), they promised me a temporary dial-up connection. I thought I would finally be able to have everything resolved.

Well, they never set up a temp username and password for me. I made my TENTH call to them after 8:00 EST last night, so no one could set one up. I asked for a supervisor, who actually had the audacity to put me on speaker-phone and let an associate listen in-- the only reason I know is because the associate giggled loudly enough for me to hear it. I'll admit, I was very angry at this 3rd promise to me they had broken, but I wasn't cursing, and I wasn't even going off as loudly as I probably should have.

Anyhow, long story short, I'll be getting cable on Saturday if all goes well.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
If anyone has Verizon DSL ...
Verizon is the devil. My parents signed up with Verizon after Verizon lied to them and said that they covered an area which they did not. My parents canceled the service and Verizon tried to hit them with over $400 in fees.

Plus, they have that obnoxious "Can you hear me now?" goon in their TV ads. That alone is worth boycotting their service.

Well I am glad you got cable running and now can play Guild Wars with all the bandwidth you want :) Good Job on keeping your cool :)

Back