Final Rest - at least SEVEN confirmed drops last night.

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
So, yeah, there's a patch. And then people magically start getting tons of these. But the drop table TOTALLY wasn't broken, eh? They did mention they were increasing the drop rate...but this just seems a sad way to end this. They'll be 5g in no time.

Funny side-note: first guy who got one listed it at 2500g, a 125g listing fee. They're now around 100g...so the poor guy who found it first has already lost money. That was unexpected...

Shadow Behemoth is the place.

Edit: and one guy bought it at 6g. This will probably be the normal price in a week.

Last edited:
Final Rest is very very very very very rare staff that has had some hunters fascinated for months. It has a really cool skin and someone found the image in the .dat file, but no one has seen the staff ingame. Several threads have been made on the official forums concerning the staff. Many folks want it because of it's rarity and because it has a nice skin. But, no one has found it. And so the mystery surrounding the staff grew. Some of the devs got involved and confirmed that yes the staff is ingame but it's drop rate is very low. The hunters kept pressing for hints to it's location but the devs have been very tight-lipped about it. The most that we learned was that it dropped from a large chest after killing a particular boss in an event. However there are many events and everyone has been speculating about which event was the correct one.

Rumors had it that the event was rarely done and thus why it hadn't dropped yet. Dragons are killed all the time. The temples in Orr are regularly looted so those were ruled out. Most hunters thought the correct event was the Zho'Qfa Catacombs event chain in Orr. It's rarely run and the final boss does spawn a large chest. It also seemed like the perfect fit for a necro staff called "Final Rest". Other theories were the swamp event in Queensdale since that event was bugged for months. Some thought it was in Charr lands in a mini-dungeon up there. The hydra queen was another popular theory. The devs also confirmed that the drop rate was so low that it would take a team of 10 players running the event everyday about 7 months on average to get a drop.

Everything changed though this week with the update. Part of the update was re-working the loot from champion events. Better drop rates and much better chance for exotics to drop. Much much better obviously. Final Rest has been dropping like crazy from the Shadow Behemoth chest in Queensdale. This finally confirmed the drop location and unfortunately dropped the value on the staff to almost nothing since it appears to be more common than dirt now.

And thus ends the hunt.

At this point, I do not believe it was possible to drop at all. 24 on the TP now, though...so there's that. Aw well, I'll finally have a staff I like as soon as it goes under 10g.

I don't think Raven mentioned it in the post above.

It looks like a reaper scythe with some sort of demon like thing on top. Pics on the wiki.

Ah, thanks for the explanation. I'll have to take a look.

Of course, I'm dirt poor, so even 6g for it won't be happening for me for quite some time.

Back