Final Fantasy XI

Glitch

i don't have a whole lotto time to type this, so please forgive me, yet i will be brief and direct.

I have been wanting to play FF XI since it first came out, yet i have never been able to.

I finally buckled down and have been searching for a way.

The more i hear about the game, the more excited i get about playing it.

First question... Does anyone play FFXI?

and two... i've been told you have to be invited by a member to get the trial offer... so... does anyone else know about that trial?

thanks guys.

O YEAH... i forgot....

please, if you've played the game, give me your opinion on it.
thanks guys,
Glitch.

ive played it for the past 2 years.

its a slow game, specially at start, so u gotta get past that. it is a very fun game nonetheless, m actually having probs with it now, cant log on keeps saying my password is incorrect. you need 2 passwords to log on, first one is fine but my 2nd one keeps saying incorrect so...

xfire me sometime if u cant find me on xfire ill post it here later.

if you do satrt up join the ifrit server, its the one im on. fyi there are 3 expansions with one coming out november 22nd, and the first three should come with the game if u buy the pack which is about 20$. it is by far not an easy game and it is VERY time consuming but once you get into it it gets fairly eays to understand and play and VERY fun/addicting. like i said xfire me sometime ill answer all your q's.

rq fine points of the game

1. you can change your job (class if u want to call it that)whenever you want (well, inside your moghouse).

2. after you hit lvl cap, which is 75, there is still MUCH to do, from dynamis to missions to meriting for extra abilities/stats on your job. there are long term goals e.g. relic gear which no more then id say a few hundres+ have and smaller goals liek af2 which can take anywhere from days to months to get depending on the piece wanted and luck.

I loved the game, but the only problem I had was the VERY VERY slow start...made it very hard to get into...but once you get past about...Lvl 30 things are totally awesome...and also, it is a grindfest...but I would have to rate it the highest of all the MMOs I have every played...I just cannot get my friends to play it so I play WoW...

Sorry with all the posts...

Guilds are called Linkshells, and I have yet to find a Christian based one...ther WAS one, but it is inactive now...

after about lvl 25 things start to pickup depending on the luck of your pt's. after about lvl 55+ the game gets rlly fun when tp burn pt's consisting of about 4-5 melee jobs and 1 mage taking mobs as quickly as they can.the game has improved itself to help the slowness of early lvling, mainly the empress band, and if you join the game soon, you get an anivv ring which doubles your experience gain for quite awhile.

how many hours do you think you have to put into the game per level.... or..... at least till you hit lvl 25? In WoW... and experienced player could get to lvl 25 in probably... 13-18 hours... what is it in FFXI?

It has been a long time since I have played...but I know it is much more than that...WoW actually has some crazy fast leveling...for an MMO... But then again, WoW is made to be EASY...FFXI is not...

Actually, if anyone has a buddy pass, I would really like to see how far FFXI has advanced in 2 years, and see if I might get back into it...

i have a free trial pass i got with my game awhile back.

and to get to about 25 will take u prob a few weeks, but it all depends on your parties.

from lvl 1-10 you solo from 10-75 you party. it will prob take u ur first 2-3 days to get to 10 since its ur first job, then to get from 10-20 (parting in valkurm dunes) will take you anywhere from a few days to weeks. from 20-25 (qufuim island pt) will take u prob a few days, week at the most.

since ive been playing for awhile i got my paladin from lvl 1-22 in about a week, maybe a bit less.

oh yeah, a buddy pass is a pass that lets u play free for 30 days, i think. h/o lemme get my pass

ok, it lets u play free for 30 days

its got a code for you to download and register playonline and ffxi. no expansions.

playonline is a program you use to access ffxi, its pretty neat, its got chat rooms, help, friend finder, and of course ffxi.

that is awesome... does anyone have a buddy pass i may have? I'm actually planning on buying this game around winter time... yet i still would like to try it before i get into anything.

Back