Favorite gamepad for PC games?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I have a Logitech F710 that I use for most PC games and a PS3 controller that I can easily switch between the PS3 and PC for games that make heavy use of the analog sticks.

I managed to get the F710 working again after a recent Windows 10 update broke compatibility, but the textured coating on the thumbsticks has been rubbing off and leaving tiny black shards all over my desk or on the couch.

I may pick up a PlayStation 5 someday (maybe, though that purchase seems less likely with every announcement of another PS4 or PS5 game getting ported to PC) so I was considering getting a PS5 controller and pairing it with my PC.

What would you all recommend?

The only gamepad I have used for pc is the Logitech F310 so I can't really help you Tek. It's just the simpler, half the cost, non-wireless version of the F710. Works fine for the 3 or so games I've used it for.

I have a Logitech F710 that I use for most PC games here and a PS3 controller that I can easily switch between the PS3 and PC for games that make heavy use of the analog sticks.

I managed to get the F710 working again after a recent Windows 10 update broke compatibility, but the textured coating on the thumbsticks has been rubbing off and leaving tiny black shards all over my desk or on the couch.

I may pick up a PlayStation 5 someday (maybe, though that purchase seems less likely with every announcement of another PS4 or PS5 game getting ported to PC) so I was considering getting a PS5 controller and pairing it with my PC.

What would you all recommend?
  1. Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller. The gold standard.
  2. Microsoft Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

1. Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller. The gold standard.
  2. Microsoft Xbox Elite Wireless Controller
I thought about picking up an Xbox wireless controller, but I don't have any plans to buy a Microsoft console. If I were to pick up a PS5 controller, I could use it with my PC, my Steam Link, and a PS5 (if and when I ever buy a PS5).

If I were to find a really good sale on an Xbox wireless controller, I'd consider it, though! I've heard that they're a favorite among PC gamers for gamepad games.

Dualshock 4 connected by way of Mayflash Magic-S Pro that registers as an XInput device. You have a Switch Pro controller, right? Can connect it to your PC by the same Magic-S Pro if you love that controller.

Mayflash has a Magic-NS that's cheaper. The Magic-S Pro is just nice because it works with more devices (specifically, I can plug the adapter into my PS4 and use my Switch controllers). If I didn't have a PS4, and wanted the functionality you want, I'd skip buying another controller and just buy the 8Bitdo. :D

Back