fantasy...i wonder...

Geozagor

Are we lazy dreamers?
Which of the sets of five virgins are we?
Have we wasted the harvest for clouds of math and light?
Do we forgoe the reality the Lord has created for something of men?

Personally, I suspect there is grace enough for the dalliances we enjoy in these fictional worlds. Still, it is good to recognize the threats...

And oddly enough this virtual "gate" is a place of congregation and fellowship.

any thoughts?

There is a time under the sun for everything.
Measure everything, what is lacking shore up from what is abundant.

The reason I started Gods Frozen Chosen was to reach the lost and encourage other Christians to do the same. The games are a way to reach people from around the world at the same time, unfortunatly, all too often we as Christians take way too much time playing instead of reaching the lost. We should always be looking for a way to reach the lost, no matter what we are doing.

Geo, I'd advise you to do yourself a favor and see if you can pick up a copy of J.R.R. Tolkien's seminal essay On Faerie Stories. It is a great essay on the role of fantasy in God's world, written from a Christian perspective.

Let me counterask some of your questions, as a food for thought:

Can dreams be productive?
Why did Jesus use so many "fantasy stories" (parables) in order to communicate with us?
Can our clouds of math and light be used as tools of the harvest?
Are our fictional worlds evidence of our being created by the Creator of all worlds?

It sounds to me by your end comments that you're less against fantasy as just wondering and asking questions, which is why I thought I'd throw a few more out there :)

And read On Faerie Stories.

Back