fallout 4 for pc or xbox 1

legitnoob

So i been tryin to decide which version to preorder! I will eventually have both but been trying to decide which one would be the best for my first play through! Just with all the crashes and stuff that happens on the pc games it makes me just want me to get the xbox one version first to have a lil bit better of an experiance! But the graphics options of pc really makes me think maybe i want to experiance fallout 4 at its best! Im torn on what to do. What do you guys think? Pc or Xbox one!

PC will always be the better option for games like Fallout and Skyrim because of graphics and mod options available through the community. Consoles are for games like Mario and Call of Duty.

Xbone will have full mod support and fantastic graphics. The decision is not as easy anymore. I am getting for ps4 personally.

The majority of mods will take time to come out. If you enjoy console gaming and you are going to buy both versions eventually you may want to go with the console version for your first play-through.

Personally, I will only buy one version and I despise console controllers and love mods so I will be going with PC.

Xbone will have full mod support and fantastic graphics. The decision is not as easy anymore. I am getting for ps4 personally.
I wonder how that will work with mods like the script extenders which require dlls. And usually once they come out a large percentage of mods rely on them.

Full mod support and fantastic graphics on a console will never be the same as full mod support and fantastic graphics on a PC. The graphics will be much better on PC at the high end because of the equipment differences but most people don't have mid/high to high end PC's so graphics isn't that big of a difference. However, the number of mods on PC is usually much greater just because of the interface and ease of use.

(Individual experiences may vary)

Graphics being much better on high end is irrelevant to most people I know. I will be taking advantage of the powerful consoles for the next few years.

Apparently you missed the Sony E3 press conference last night.

But feel free to elitest pc master race all you want. I'm stoked about what ps4 is pulling off.

Last edited:
All I know is my desktop (built about 10 years ago) has outlasted at least two generations of consoles and is still viable for PC games purchased way back then as well as yesterday. My laptop (built 7 years ago) has the same positive issues. During the same time, my portable devices have come and gone thru at least 3 generations. I'm a bit of a miser and since I can upgrade my PC for less than a console, PC it is.

All I know is my desktop (built about 10 years ago) has outlasted at least two generations of consoles and is still viable for PC games purchased way back then as well as yesterday. My laptop (built 7 years ago) has the same positive issues. During the same time, my portable devices have come and gone thru at least 3 generations. I'm a bit of a miser and since I can upgrade my PC for less than a console, PC it is.

Good on you man! If you are enjoying playing your PC games on your 10 year old PC then you are doing it right!
I have a high end rig that can play Skyrim on ultra on my 27" IPS 1440p monitor so I know what PC is capable of...but yet the most fun I have had in 30+ years of gaming has been the past few months on my PS4. The games look and play fantastic and are crazy fun. I would not trade my experiences in the Last of Us, Bloodborne, and Destiny for anything right now. That combined with the tight environment and ease of connecting with my gamer friends has been a legendary experience that I seldom have on my PC. After seeing the E3 line up I am all in on ps4 and leaving my PC in the office to collect dust and download torrents.

All I am saying is that there are great options besides PC now and I am looking forward to the next few years on this beast of a console machine.

Last edited:
Lol sorry didnt mean to start a console vs pc argument! But my pc is gonna be more then able to handle fallout but just it seems like for the first month after most video game launches on pc there is alot of crashing issues! Thats the only reason i kinda just want to start with the xbox one and then buy it on pc in a couple of months! Mods are cool but i dont see alot of mods comin to xbox due to how they act with one another, and i think there will be some sort of validation through bethesda to make sure the mods dont break your game! And my first play through i wont be worrying about mods. I enjoy video games an any platform i can! But ill be able to play it on my pc for sure i got an
I5 4670k and a gtx 970 so im good on that side!

Lol sorry didnt mean to start a console vs pc argument! But my pc is gonna be more then able to handle fallout but just it seems like for the first month after most video game launches on pc there is alot of crashing issues! Thats the only reason i kinda just want to start with the xbox one and then buy it on pc in a couple of months! Mods are cool but i dont see alot of mods comin to xbox due to how they act with one another, and i think there will be some sort of validation through bethesda to make sure the mods dont break your game! And my first play through i wont be worrying about mods. I enjoy video games an any platform i can! But ill be able to play it on my pc for sure i got an
I5 4670k and a gtx 970 so im good on that side!

Exactly, those are great reasons to play it on console. Entertainment is for fun in my opinion, not to act superior because of some numbers behind your hardware.

Lol sorry didnt mean to start a console vs pc argument!

One thing that will start nerd rage is PC vs Console, PC vs Apple, Xbox vs PS, AMD vs Intel.... ect

But I will stand behind(sit in front actually) of my 3 27" displays and quadbox(used to octabox) my favorite game and blow up ppl. Why??? cause I have a HUGE epeen!!!!! Mooooo!!!!!:p

That felt good. Na, for real, whatever one has the most fun on is what really matters. Games are for fun and relaxation, right:confused:?

it seems like for the first month after most video game launches on pc there is alot of crashing issues!
First month? Skyrim still crashes on me about every 30 minutes. New Vegas runs about 10 minutes in between crashes. Now that could be partly due to the mods I'm running, but I think it's mostly because the games are not designed to manage memory in the best manner. I'm holding my breath for FO4 to use 64-bit addressing.

I havnt had much problem with skyrim, but the fallout games i just play on 360 since the whole those games hate windows 7 and quadcore cpu's. But i think im gonna get it on xbox one first. But first i gotta pay my dr bills. Im just ready for more vault lore, so interesting!

I'd recommend PC because it's a Bethesda games and fans may fix the inevitable bugs before Bethesda does. :p

*dons flame-retardant suit*

But seriously, you'll probably find a better sale on the PC version if you're willing to wait a while. If you're wanting it for launch, though? Tough call.

Yeah ill be getting it at launch, thats y i figure ill get it on xbox first, then get the pc version when it goes on sale! Plus its nice to have a console version so when my brother comes over we both will be able to play it without havin to fight over who is playin first lol. I may buy both of them on release depending on how much money i have!

I find myself occasionally forgetting that most PC gamers don't have a TV/controller setup for their gaming PCs. I have mine connected to a 46" TV in the living room, which is wonderful for games with full controller support but not so hot for keyboard/mouse games. For FPS, RTS, some puzzle games, and other games that require keyboard and mouse, I use Steam In-home Streaming to a second, lower-spec computer in another room. It's not a perfect solution, but it buys me time until I can have a professional come out to the house, make a hole in the wall between the living room and bedroom, and run cables so I can use my TV as a second screen.

So if you don't have a good controller for PC games, you may want to check out the Logitech F710 or, for games that require extensive use of the L2 and R2 buttons (I forget what they're called on the Xbox controllers), research connecting a PS3 controller using a USB Bluetooth adapter. (If you go the PS3 controller route, use Better DS3 instead of the software that comes with MotioninJoy. Or just use something other than MotioninJoy.)

EDIT: Or just plug in an old Xbox 360 wired controller if you have it and start playing games. You won't even need to map the gamepad controls in most games.

Last edited:
Back