Faith...what is it to you?

Shyfroggy

There is this thing called faith, that isn't actually a thing....

I found this awesome little excerpt today and thought I'd share it!

Faith is a gift of God. It is not a material that can be seen, heard, smelled, tasted, or touched; but is as real as anything that can be perceived with these senses. One can be aware of Faith as easily as one can be aware of earth. Faith is as certain as is the existence of water. Faith is as sure as the taste of an apple, the fragrance of a rose, the sound of thunder, the sight of the sun, the feel of a loving touch. Hope is a wish, a longing for something not now possessed, but with expectation of getting it. Faith adds surety to the expectation of hope.

and another good one
You are not a reservoir with a limited amount of resources; you are a channel attached to unlimited divine resources.

and another
God is playing chess with man. He meets his every move.

The Christian on his knees sees more than the philosopher on tiptoe.

All I see teaches me to trust the Creator for all I do not see.

The Bible is a guidebook; the way to master it is to let it master us.

Does your faith move mountains, or do mountains move your faith?

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the Light.

The faith I have in God is a gift most assuradly.

Without faith how can we enter into God's testing room of faith.

It is quite easy for us to talk and to theorize about faith, but God often puts us into His crucible of affliction to test the purity of our gold and to seperate the dross from the metal.

I would sooner weather the storm with Christ than to sail smooth waters without Him.

Perhaps your question is alluding back to the real question. Which is,
"What if God could not manage to mature your life without suffering?"

Back