F.E.A.R multiplayer

Captain_Tea

There is a free multiplayer version of F.E.A.R. I downloaded it a while back and just got around to installing it. Seems pretty scalable, I managed to get it set up to run on my old klunker. Do any of you guys play this game? It is available at www.joinfear.com .

I just played it for the first time today, it's pretty fun, but pretty mindless (at least the Deathmatch mode is). It's got some decent graphics and runs nice on my rig, and you just can't beat the price :).

I just played it for the first time today, it's pretty fun, but pretty mindless (at least the Deathmatch mode is). It's got some decent graphics and runs nice on my rig, and you just can't beat the price :).

It is pretty mindless isn't it. Thats probably why it's free ;) . UT2004 is still my fav.

The Single-player is anything but mindless, I couldn't play that game with the lights off at all. And the graphics are amazing. If anyone wants to play whenever, you can find me on xfire as blackgrav1ty or #cga, #toj, and #toj-cs on irc.gamesurge.net

Maybe I'll buy the actual game someday so I can play the singleplayer, the demo was pretty sweet. The multiplayer feels like HL2DM, but without the fun physics and with slightly cooler weapon effects. Since they feel so similar (at least in my mind), I have to say that I like HL2DM better because it does physics better and I'm way better at it :). Plus, you just can't beat the gravity gun.

Maybe I'll buy the actual game someday so I can play the singleplayer, the demo was pretty sweet.

I'm curious, how do you tolerate the swearing in that game?

When you do kill or about to kill opponents, they do make swearing comments.

Well, if not on the Multiplayer version, then maybe Only on the Single Player version.

If you can handle that when 90% of the enemy soldiers swears, then sure, get the game.

I'm curious, how do you tolerate the swearing in that game? When you do kill or about to kill opponents, they do make swearing comments. Well, if not on the Multiplayer version, then maybe Only on the Single Player version. If you can handle that when 90% of the enemy soldiers swears, then sure, get the game.

Maybe there is a setting to turn it off like in Unreal Tournament.

I don't think there is, but I can't handle that game with sound anyway. It's knocked me outta my chair so many times, and scared me more than any movie I have ever seen.

There isn't a way to turn it off, to my knowledge. The swearing is pretty heavy, heavier than most games, but if you can watch an R-rated action movie, you can probably stand F.E.A.R. Also it's crazy scary, but that's one of the things I found fun about it.

Hm. Apparently I registered for a free CD key a while back and never installed the game. Time to dig through my e-mail and start a long download...

I'm curious, how do you tolerate the swearing in that game?

When you do kill or about to kill opponents, they do make swearing comments.

Well, if not on the Multiplayer version, then maybe Only on the Single Player version.

If you can handle that when 90% of the enemy soldiers swears, then sure, get the game.

lol, I live in the real world, not some bubble, I've heard all the swear words before. Other peoples choice of language doesn't bother me, it doesn't make me want to swear any more than I normally would.

Back