"Experience God's Love and Forgiveness"

Corpfox

"Last night about midnight, a doctor friend of mine came to my room and told me that he had hated me for years, while pretending to be my friend. As he was making his list, God told him that he should come and tell me, and ask me to forgive him."

So, if I had a gruge on someone/some people/some group, I should confess to that someone/some people/some group, that I hated him/her/them for years and ask for his/her/their forgiveness?

"I didn't believe I needed to make a list. I couldn't think of anything seriously wrong in my life. But when I saw others making their lists, the Spirit of God told me to do the same."

the Spirit of God, what is that, again?

When it keeps refering as lists, it means: "Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you every sin in your life. As he does so, write them down on a sheet of paper...."

I would tell you where I got these, but you've either never heard of it, or never heard of the book which I've been reading since.

Grudges can leave a long lasting impression on your life, and after a while you may not notice it anymore because it's a part of you. But lose it, and you'll notice the difference. It's a thorn in you, and you feel so relieved when it's gone. God and Heaven is all love. In order to fit in, we must be all love. We must be transformed into the likeness of Christ. If we still have a part of us that hates, it isn't the same. You have to evaluate your life and see if there are any thorns there. There may be, there may not.

The spirit of God that resides in us, when we accept God as part of our life, is what directs us. It convicts us when we stray, when we do things the wrong way, when we sin. It fills us with joy when we do the right thing, when we shine, when we love. It's always there, and you can tap it anytime. And the more you use it's power, the easier it gets, and the harder it is for the enemy to get you.

the word says if we can't forgive others, then God can't forgive us.

It also says that if we have unforgiveness then God can't hear our prayers.

So forgivenesss is a big thing to the Lord. IF he forgives us for our many wrongs, he wants us to be obedient children who take after their 'heavenly father', and forgive others. Even if its the same person for the hundreth time that day.

sealcomm

and the "the Spirit of God" is the holy spirit also known as the holy ghost which is apart of the trinity of God, Jesus, holy ghost/spirit

(So, if I had a gruge on someone/some people/some group, I should confess to that someone/some people/some group, that I hated him/her/them for years and ask for his/her/their forgiveness?)

Jesus says yes.

Matthew 5 : 21 - 26 "You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca, ' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.
Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.
Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison. I tell you the truth, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny."

Jesus asks us to resolve our differences with each other, for anger, or unsettled adversity can only lead to pain and trouble in the future.  He asks us to resolve what we can and let things go, for it will become easier on the heart to have reconciliation than to have continued begrudging.

(the Spirit of God, what is that, again?)

The Holy Spirit is a real person who came to reside within Jesus Christ's true followers after Jesus rose from the dead and ascended to heaven (Acts 2). Jesus told His apostles...

"I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you, and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." (John 14:16-18)
The Holy Spirit is not a vague, ethereal shadow, nor an impersonal force. He is a person equal in every way with God the Father and God the Son. He is considered to be the third member of the Godhead. Jesus said to His apostles...
"All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matt. 28:18-20)
God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. And all the divine attributes ascribed to the Father and the Son are equally ascribed to the Holy Spirit. When a person becomes born again by believing and receiving Jesus Christ (John 1:12-13; John 3:3-21), God resides in that person through the Holy Spirit (1Cor. 3:16). The Holy Spirit has intellect (1Cor. 2:11), emotion (Rom. 15:30), and will (1Cor. 12:11).
A primary role of the Holy Spirit is that He bears "witness" of Jesus Christ (John 15:26, 16:14). He tells people's hearts about the truth of Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit also acts as a Christian's teacher (1Cor. 2:9-14). He reveals God's will and God's truth to a Christian. Jesus told His disciples...

"The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." (John 14:26)
"When He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come." (John 16:13)

The Holy Spirit was given to live inside those who believe in Jesus, in order to produce God's character in the life of a believer. In a way that we cannot do on our own, the Holy Spirit will build into our lives love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Gal. 5:22-23). Rather than trying to be loving, patient, kind, God asks us to rely on Him to produce these qualities in our lives. Thus Christians are told to walk in the Spirit (Gal. 5:25) and be filled with the Spirit (Eph. 5:18). And the Holy Spirit empowers Christians to perform ministerial duties that promote spiritual growth among Christians (Rom. 12; 1Cor. 12; Eph. 4).
The Holy Spirit also performs a function for non-Christians as well. He convicts people's hearts of God's truth concerning how sinful we are -- needing God's forgiveness; how righteous Jesus is -- He died in our place, for our sins; and God's eventual judgment of the world and those who do not know Him (John 16:8-11). The Holy Spirit tugs on our hearts and minds, asking us to repent and turn to God for forgiveness and a new life.

<the holy spirit answer above was the best summary and description I could and I got it from here:>
http://everystudent.com/forum/hspirit.html

Nice work maluhaut, mahlohut, jabba the .... lol

The Holy Spirit is like a personal coach. He's there, always there.

A practicle.

when i was younger i was into all kinds of stuff. One day i went shop lifting with some mates. And while you there checking out stuff there's this voice in your head saying "don't do it". After a while you stop listening to that voice, and it's a lot quieter, or not there much at all. In fact you end up telling yourself, Don't get caught.

THen when you get your life right with God, you walk into a shop, go to 'pick something up' and this LOUD speaker goes off in your head "DONT DO IT". and you jump, wondering where that came from, and put it down or buy it!

That's the Holy spirit working. He's the coach. you read something in the Bible and feel that it's just for you! that's him again. Or your reading your bible and some other verse comes to mind, that makes what your reading seem 'fuller'. that's him.

He's a legend. Couldn't live without him.

Im still not stealing stuff.

cheers

sealcomm

hard to tell but i believe he is sincere

corps pretty cool because he's Canadian the land of great beer. Not like that lite stuff u sell in te states:p
tounge.gif
j/k.
wait no I'm not.
I'd also like to say these ceaser coolers arn't that good, I just tried one and it wasn't that good. The taste is still stuck in my mouth. I'm going back to Molson Canadian Stella and and tequila shots.

Back