Expansion Pack - Race Poll

What minor race should become playable next?

• Total voters
Personally I was torn between the Tengu, Hylek, and Kodan.

I had to go with Tengu though. Those bird people gave me so many feathers (and gold) in GW1. I just love 'em. :D

As individuals skritt are simple-minded creatures, capable of basic tasks and keeping themselves alive. However, like a hive intelligence, the larger a group of skritt grows in size the more rational, intelligent and cunning their actions become. How this communal intelligence works is unclear, but it is likely linked to their rapid communication.

i think it would be difficult to to make skritt heroes fit with the lore. Which is too bad, cuz that would have been my first choice lol, so had to settle for tengu instead

Last edited:
I would think the most logical (yes I am playing the Spock card) choice would be centaur due to the fact that in GW1 you associated with them and even had one as a hero.

Naga, please.

Yes, Centaur or Tengu are the most logical choices, but snake people are so much more awesome.

EDIT: Oh, scratch that. Krait are similar. Too bad I can't change my vote.

REEDIT: Never mind, after going back and reading about the two on the wiki, Naga seems more logical than Krait. Naga are a more intelligent race, and were a peaceful race at one point. They could follow a similar story arc to the Charr, putting aside their enmity with Humans to fight the Dragons.

Last edited:
I said "Other", here's why in two areas. First let's play the "Sentient Machine" card, Golems become sentient and break their involuntary servitude to the Asura, hence becoming a playable "race". Take that oh high and mighty short people. Second we reconnect with Cantha and find the Salt Spray Dragons as a playable race. I almost said Tengu, but that is way too predictable.

Last edited:
Aren't all the dwarves turned to stone? How would you write the story to reintroduce them as a playable race without minimizing the sacrifice?

Not Borg, just an old, old idea sentient computers from the 50's. Or think of the novel The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress. Dragons as good guys would be a continuation of a theme started in Cantha.

Wait, the Grawl aren't on the list? And no Dredge? And if you want to play as snake people, the Forgotten should be in there too.

I for one want to play as Mursaat.

The Forgotten seem too, otherworldly, I guess, to be a player character race. Kinda like angels, or something. Not really coming up with the right word for it, but they seem like a specifically NPC race because of their status as guides placed by the 6 gods.

Then again, what's better than a snake person? A snake person with four arms, of course. I'd love to see some of those combat animations. Imagine a thief with four daggers or a mesmer with four swords. :D

For some reason this thead seems to permanently be "unread" for me, even after I've marked all threads as read. Anyone else having that problem?

It's because someone new voted in the poll. It updates an marks it unread if someone votes.

The Elonan-style Centaurs have viable grasslands would think... and the Hyleks have swamps and caves and such.

Back